Senior Software Engineer - Foundations
🎨 The Lumos Story
Apple changed the world with the App Store by making all kinds of consumer tech a click away. Lumos is doing that, but for all the apps a company uses. In short, we are building a company’s AppHQ to manage all apps in one place.
Here’s how it works: You go to the Lumos AppStore, request your app of choice, your manager approves the request in Slack and your account is created — instantly. No long IT ticket queues anymore. What if you stop using the app? Lumos automatically detects that and removes your license, saving the company money and improving security. In its essence, Lumos is creating the meta app for all apps.
🌟 Why You Should Join Lumos
- 🚀 Jump on a Rocketship: In less than two years, our team has grown from 20 to ~80 people and our customer base has 10x’ed with companies like GitHub, MongoDB and Major League Baseball!
- 📈 Trust Renowned Backers: Andreessen Horowitz (a16z) backed us since the beginning. Also, Prospect (a platform where startup people evaluate different companies) called Lumos a 10x company among just a few other companies, beating startups like Rippling, Retool or Zapier.
- ⭐ Thrive in a Unique Culture: You’ll be one of the first 100 people to join. So, you'll have actual influence on the trajectory of the company. Most importantly, when we talk about Lumos, we don’t just talk about the products we create but also the distinctive philosophy we live by. Check out our values to see if it’s a fit.
🌎 More Information on the Role
We’re seeing very strong adoption with core products, and in order to double down our investment and support accelerating growth, we’re hiring a Senior Fullstack Engineer to join the team. You'd be among the first 100 employees and set the foundation for extreme growth. 📈
You'll build and own core product features, in addition to helping to ensure the health of our engineering systems. You will work across the stack, focusing on areas you are most excited about and that bring value to customers. Beyond your technical work, you will gain leadership opportunities early on as we grow our engineering team. You'll be involved in scaling the product, the team, and the entire company. 🚀
✨ Your Responsibilities
- Solve challenging technical problems across the stack to develop critical customer-facing features; includes the frontend (React, Typescript), communication layer (GraphQL, Apollo), and backend (Python, Flask, sqlalchemy).
- Drive end-to-end development of complex projects with multiple engineers and cross-functional stakeholders. See the feature through to launch and own iterations and followups.
- Design and build robust, scalable systems that enable us to scale our platform to 10x the number of users.
- Uplevel your team by setting technical best practices and mentoring engineers.
- Become an expert in the Lumos product, working with other stakeholders to refine user requirements and team goals.
- Grow the engineering team! Interview candidates and refine our recruiting processes as we rapidly grow.
$150,000 - $210,000. Note that this range is a good faith estimate of likely pay for this role; upon hire, the pay may differ due to skill and/or level of experience.
🙌 What We Value
We care much more about your motivation and excitement to grow into the role than we care just about your CV. Instead of focusing on what people need to have, we focus on what people need to do. Additionally, we try to find out whether you would be a good fit for Lumos based on our values that define how we achieve outcomes and what characteristics we value.
We strongly encourage individuals from underrepresented groups to apply. 🤲
💸 Benefits and Perks:
- 💯 Remote work culture (+/-4 hours Pacific Time)
- ⛑ Medical, Vision, & Dental coverage covered by Lumos
- 🛩 Company and team bonding trips throughout the year fully covered by Lumos
- 💻 Optimal WFH setup to set you up for success
- 🌴 Unlimited PTO, with minimum time off to make sure you are rested and able to be at your best
- 👶🏽 Up to (4) months off for both the Birthing & Non-birthing parent
- 💰 Wellness stipend to keep you awesome and healthy
- 🏦 401k contribution plan