Business Development Manager (or Director depending on experience)
About the Position
We are seeking a motivated Business Development Manager (or Director) with a track record of forming effective commercial and technology partnerships to join our growing organization. As a member of the Business Development team, you will report to the Director of Business Development (or CBO) and build a robust pipeline of deals with innovative brands, global manufacturing companies, and leading technology firms to support the aggressive growth ambitions for Lygos. In this role, you will have the opportunity to source and execute commercial and technology partnerships that will underpin Lygos’s growth strategy. You will also get to experience working in a collaborative team environment.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Execute the existing commercial and technology deals, while building and closing a pipeline of new opportunities to achieve corporate goals
- Negotiate, structure and close partnerships across technology licensing and commercial offtake agreements
- Maintain a network within the biochemical industry and end markets to source new business development opportunities
- Provide marketing intelligence and analysis to inform the commercial strategy and product development portfolio
- Prepare presentations and materials for partner meetings, conferences, and executive meetings
- Represent Lygos and present at key industry conferences and tradeshows
Qualifications & Experience:
- B.S. in a related technical field (Engineering, Chemistry, Biology, etc.)
- 5+ years of experience in business development, market development, or consulting
- Experience working on deals/projects in specialty chemicals, biotechnology, personal care/hygiene, home care/HI&I, coatings, agriculture or home/personal care
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
Nice-to-haves (but not required):
- MBA or similar advanced degree
- Existing network of relationships and contacts in hygiene, coatings, agronomy, home/personal care or water treatment
- Technical experience in chemistry, product development and a familiarity with our target end markets: hygiene, coatings, agriculture, water treatment, or personal/home care
Compensation and Benefits: Lygos offers highly competitive salaries, stock options, bonus and benefits, including medical and dental insurance, unlimited paid time off, and 401(k).
Salary Range: $150,000 - $225,000 (Manager or Director) - Actual pay will vary based on various factors, including but not limited to location, skill, experience, and performance.
The benefits and stock purchase described above are subject to the terms and conditions of any governing plans, policies, practices, agreements, or other materials or documents as in effect from time to time, including but not limited to terms and conditions regarding eligibility.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. Lygos may agree to sponsor an individual for an employment visa now or in the future if there is a shortage of individuals with particular skills for this job.
This role is remote. Candidate will work standard hours from their time zone.
Lygos is headquartered in Berkeley, CA
Lygos, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.