DevOps Security Engineer
DevOps Security Engineer, Infrastructure
SingleStore is seeking a Security Engineer to help optimize and scale our Data Center and Cloud environments. In this role, you will be at the intersection of leading technology trends: supporting the growth of our highly performant database and cloud business. This is a great opportunity to push the boundaries in an Infrastructure, Security, and Cloud focused Engineering role.
This is a development role, requiring an engineering mindset to solve operational challenges. You will be part of a globally distributed team of engineers, helping to drive security and operational engineering best practices across the company. You will help diagnose issues and identify security improvements for the corporate Internal and External services, cloud engineering testing platforms, and infrastructure environments. If you have a strong-rooted understanding of cloud and infrastructure with a keen eye toward security, then you will find this role to be a perfect fit for you. We are at a greenfield stage where you can help drive best practices and help engineer solutions that are secure, robust, scalable, and supportable.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage and maintain automation platforms in support of infrastructure systems in our Data Center and across cloud providers.
- Ensure secure configuration of infrastructure components (e.g., servers, databases, containers).
- Automate security processes to enforce consistent security practices.
- Continuously monitor the environment for security incidents, anomalies, and vulnerabilities.
- Collaborate with incident response teams to investigate and remediate security issues.
- Stay informed about industry security standards (e.g., OWASP, NIST) and regulatory requirements (e.g., GDPR, CCPA, HIPAA).
- Securing Infrastructure and Deployment Pipelines.
- Implement security best practices for CI/CD pipelines.
- Conduct security reviews of infrastructure code and deployment scripts.
Skills and Experience
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Infrastructure and cloud automation experience. Python and Golang, are a plus.
- Solid understanding of SOC2 and ISO 27001 – bonus points if you have experience with FedRamp.
- Knowledge of Kubernetes and the container ecosystem
- Familiar with at least one of AWS (primarily), Azure, or Google Cloud.
- Proficient in working with Linux environments.
- Understanding of GitOps principles for version control and continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD) processes.
- Contribute to strategic planning for infrastructure improvements and optimizations.
SingleStore delivers the cloud-native database with the speed and scale to power the world’s data-intensive applications. With a distributed SQL database that introduces simplicity to your data architecture by unifying transactions and analytics, SingleStore empowers digital leaders to deliver exceptional, real-time data experiences to their customers. SingleStore is venture-backed and headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Sunnyvale, Raleigh, Seattle, Boston, London, Lisbon, Bangalore, Dublin, and Kyiv.
Consistent with our commitment to diversity & inclusion, we value individuals with the ability to work on diverse teams and with a diverse range of people.
To all recruitment agencies: SingleStore does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to SingleStore employees. SingleStore is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with the Company.
SingleStore values individuals for their unique skills and experiences, and we’re proud to offer roles in a variety of locations across the United States. Salary is based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location, and is just one part of our total compensation and benefits package. Certain roles are also eligible for additional rewards, including merit increases and annual bonuses.
Our benefits package for this role includes: stock options, flexible paid time off, monthly three-day weekends, 14 weeks of fully-paid gender-neutral parental leave, fertility and adoption assistance, mental health counseling, 401(k) retirement plan, and rich health insurance offerings—including medical, dental, vision, and life and disability insurance.
For candidates residing in California, please see our California Recruitment Privacy Notice. For candidates residing in the EEA, UK, and Switzerland, please see our EEA, UK, and Swiss Recruitment Privacy Notice.