Senior Software Engineer - Infrastructure (Delivery)
Software Engineering, Other Engineering
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2024
Narmi is how community financial institutions unlock the very latest capabilities in digital banking and account opening – so they can move faster, tap new growth opportunities, and be where banking is going. Since our founding, Narmi has moved billions of dollars and opened hundreds of thousands of accounts for banks and credit unions across the US. As a result, our customers have seen meaningful increases in deposits, revenues, and happy customers. In fact, one of the first financial institutions to leverage Narmi was recognized by Bankrate and NerdWallet for providing the #1 digital experience for a bank or credit union in the US.
About the Infrastructure Engineering team:
You will be a senior member of a small team focused on supporting and scaling our existing platform. We've gone from zero to hundreds of environments, we need your help to go from hundreds to thousands. We build on top of AWS so we expect experience with this provider or a demonstrated ability to quickly get up to speed with a new cloud provider. Some projects we are working on are:
- EC2 to ECS migration for our application services
- Completely automating the creation and destruction of tenant environments
- Enabling on the disaster recovery of entire client environments across AWS regions.
If you are excited by ephemeral builds, optimizing deployment pipelines and automating disaster recovery then you'll be a great fit.
What you'll do:
- Plan, design, implement and iterate on Narmi's aws infrastructure
- Work with tools such as linux, AWS ECS, rsyslog, terraform, ansible, aws lambda, cloudwatch, OpenSearch (ElasticSearch)
- Maintain and improve our networking architecture
- Collaborate with the business and other engineering teams to support new customers and integrations
- Mentor junior members of the infrastructure team and the wider engineering organisation
- Take part in code reviews and testing
What you'll bring:
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience
- Demonstrable skill in designing large scale system architectures
- Strong networking knowledge
- Security-centric approach
- Strong shell scripting knowledge and linux command line tools understanding
- Ability to diagnose technical problems, debug code, and automate routine tasks
- Analytical approach coupled with solid communication skills and a sense of ownership
- Excellent communication skills in verbal and written English
- BS (or higher, e.g., MS, or PhD) in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience
- Working experience with some of the following: AWS, Terraform, Postgres, Linux
The expected annual base salary for this role is $150,000 - $190,000. Base salary is only part of your total compensation. In addition to base salary, you will receive an equity option grant, and are eligible for performance-based cash and equity bonuses. Compensation included in an offer will be commensurate with the candidate’s skills, experience and geographic location. Compensation ranges for candidates located outside of New York City may differ. You will also receive a full benefits package.
We believe that high-performing teams include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we actively seek a diverse pool of applicants, including those from historically marginalized groups.
Please note that all correspondence related to this role will come directly from Narmi (email addresses ending in @narmi.com or @narmitech.com), and not a third party. If you receive correspondence from an individual claiming to represent Narmi please let us know immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org