Principal Engineer, EPDLP Fullstack
Today, there's more data and users outside the enterprise than inside, causing the network perimeter as we know it to dissolve. We realized a new perimeter was needed, one that is built in the cloud and follows and protects data wherever it goes, so we started Netskope to redefine Cloud, Network and Data Security.
Since 2012, we have built the market-leading cloud security company and an award-winning culture powered by hundreds of employees spread across offices in Santa Clara, St. Louis, Bangalore, London, Melbourne, and Tokyo. Our core values are openness, honesty, and transparency, and we purposely developed our open desk layouts and large meeting spaces to support and promote partnerships, collaboration, and teamwork. From catered lunches and office celebrations to employee recognition events (pre and hopefully post-Covid) and social professional groups such as the Awesome Women of Netskope (AWON), we strive to keep work fun, supportive and interactive. Visit us at Netskope Careers. Please follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter@Netskope.
The client team creates and enhances the client software that runs on Windows, Mac or other operating systems. Easy to use, light-weight, and deployed to perform at a high throughput, Netskope Client steers user traffic through Netskope’s enterprise security products (Secure Web Gateway (SWG), Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB), Zero Trust Network Access (ZTNA), Cloud Firewall (CFW), Endpoint DLP) enabling holistic data protection and facilitating SASE deployments. Netskope Client’s centralized configuration, deployment, support, and troubleshooting delivers comprehensive security and control across the borderless modern threat landscape.
What’s in it for you
As a Principal Engineer on the Client team, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and enhancing cloud software for Netskope Cloud Security solutions, and solving some of the most challenging cloud access & data security problems for enterprise customers.
What you will be doing
- Working with a group of brilliant engineers to build technologies that enable a CASB and Next Gen Secure Web Gateway holistic solutions.
- Writing high-throughput code using the latest software development techniques.
- Understanding requirement specs, researching appropriate solutions, and designing and implementing high-quality features that ensure reliability, sustainability, scalability and observability.
- Working with Product Management to understand customer requirements.
- Writing and executing dev test routines for your modules.
- Working with QA to help them better test our product.
Required skills and experience
- 15+ years of work experience in the areas of endpoint, network or cloud security solutions product development.
- Experience designing and shipping APIs.
- Experience with HTML, CSS, Angular, React
- Understanding of REST, HTTPS, TLS, WebSocket technologies.
- Expertise with data structures and algorithms.
- Proponent of TDD a big plus; knowledge of various unit testing frameworks.
- Bonus points for
- Familiarity with web data formats like JSON, XML, MIME, etc.
- Knowledge of cryptography techniques.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Able to communicate in an open, transparent and consistent manner with team and co-workers.
- BS Computer Science required, MS Computer Science strongly preferred
Netskope is committed to implementing equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment. Netskope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on religion, race, color, sex, marital or veteran statues, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), or any other characteristic protected by the laws or regulations of any jurisdiction in which we operate.