1. Implements age appropriate, evidence-based sexuality education in schools and community-based organizations; responsible for preparation and execution of lesson plans as written in the various curricula utilized by the CAPP program.
2. Accurately completes all required documentation for data collection and reporting to the NYS DOH and other oversight agencies (i.e., demographics, attendance records, curricula checklists, pre/post tests and satisfaction surveys).
3. Provides sexual health information to youth and community members through participation in school initiatives, community events and street outreach.
4. Provides educational, social and recreational opportunities to youth through service-learning projects including but not limited to the creation and development of peer health education programs.
5. Provides sexual health education workshops for parents, teachers and other adults in the community
6. Actively engages clients in one-on-one reproductive health counseling in a school health center setting.
7. Provides options counseling to pregnant patients in a thorough an unbiased and confidential manner.
8. Completes all essential patient documentation as required by Division of Adolescent Medicine, NYS DOH and other regulatory agencies. Writes complete notes in patient’s medical record at the time of each visit.
9. Maintains ongoing communication with other Adolescent Medicine team members regarding information pertinent to patient issues.
10. Represents the institution by attending meetings and events in the community, professional or lay organizations.
11. Relates to clients in a caring and respectful manner; protects patient confidentiality; is particularly sensitive to the unique strengths and challenges of adolescents and young adults.
12. Provides appropriate referrals for sexual health services to young people in need.
13. Identifies, obtains and maintains health education resource materials to be utilized by the Division of Adolescent Medicine.
14. Maintains a professional and ethical code of conduct.
15. Performs related duties as required.
Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree in Public Health, Health Education, Secondary Education, Social Work or a health or teaching related field from an accredited school preferred. Minimum (1) one year experience working with youth in a group, classroom or clinical setting. Teaching experience with a variety of instructional modes preferred. Demonstrated knowledge of sexual/reproductive health required. Excellent classroom management skills a plus.
*Additional Salary Detail
The salary range and/or hourly rate listed is a good faith determination of potential base compensation that may be offered to a successful applicant for this position at the time of this job advertisement and may be modified in the future.When determining a team member’s base salary and/or rate, several factors may be considered as applicable (e.g., location, specialty, service line, years of relevant experience, education, credentials, negotiated contracts, budget and internal equity).