User Experience Researcher, VP
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Thursday, September 28, 2023
OpenInvest is a Fintech acquisition operating semi-autonomously within JPMorgan Chase. A fundamental part of our mission is to bring the innovative mindset of Silicon Valley and the patterns, frameworks, and processes typical in Big Tech into the bank. In doing so, we hope to make the most of the opportunities the firm has in front of it and solve some of the key challenges of the next century.
Opportunities in finance go beyond investment returns. The bank that understands its clients deeply and can personalize their entire world of wealth management is the bank that will deliver the best results for its clients and in aggregate, for society. These types of change require a team that can think big but also can translate visionary goals into a strategy of incremental changes to make concrete progress.
Our UX team is a key part of this mission and we’re looking for a UX Researcher who brings experience from a mature and well-respected UX Research organization and is interested in being the first UX Researcher on our team. You’ll be expected to know how to do the job inside and out as an individual contributor, as well as manage a workload and manage stakeholders. You’ll perform User Experience Research with a high degree of quality, while simultaneously building up the mechanics of our practice as we grow the team. This is an exciting opportunity to be the first UX Researcher on the team and shape the organization.
You’ll partner closely with cross-functional teams from Product, Design, Sales, and Marketing to embed user insights in our product organization.
This role will report to the Head of Product.
What You’ll Do:
- Define and build the broader user-research practice, establishing methodologies, best practices, and processes
- Manage a steady pipeline of research projects, working with stakeholders to understand the criticality of each research request and prioritizing the pipeline appropriately
- Oversee all aspects of user research studies, including requirements gathering and scoping; authoring detailed research briefs in collaboration with product management; planning, scheduling, and execution of research; and analysis, ensuring high-quality, actionable research read-outs
- Execute quantitative survey-based and qualitative interview-based research, utilizing best practices and analyzing with appropriate numerical methods
- Be an advocate for the user, ensuring their needs and perspectives are represented in all product development efforts
- Deliver clear and concise research findings, summarizing data in presentations and recommendations that influence decision-making at various levels of the organization
- You’ll be expected to present findings in working groups and to leadership as appropriate
Who You Are:
- 6+ years of experience in a mature UX Research organization, from which you can adopt best practices for our organization
- You’re data-driven and user-centric, with deep expertise in the execution of quantitative and qualitative research methodologies
- You have prior experience driving a pipeline of UX research projects independently, with a track record of consistently delivering impactful insights
- You thrive in ambiguity, able to work independently to find solutions and ways forward as challenges arise
- You have exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to present research findings to stakeholders of all levels
- Demonstrated ability to drive change through UX research, influencing product strategy and roadmap decisions
- Experience evangelizing research and effectively sharing user insights to increase empathy and understanding within the organization
- Master's degree in a relevant research or design disciplines (e.g. Interaction Design, HCI, Anthropology, Cognitive Science), or equivalent work experience
Nice to Haves:
- Fintech, investment experience
OpenInvest’s core values are:
· Pursuing a challenging mission
· Thriving on transparency
· Maintaining high standards of integrity
· Guaranteeing the right to be heard
· Prioritizing personal growth
· Prioritizing diversity and inclusion
We aim to build a culture just as open and accountable as our products. We hold ourselves and our colleagues to high standards in how we treat each other, our communities, and our clients. As part of our team, you are willing to work hard, handle various responsibilities as necessary, and be passionate about long-term, company-wide goals. OpenInvest is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds in our team and culture.
OpenInvest is committed to supporting the needs of its candidates and employees. Please don’t hesitate to ask if there are any accommodations we can make for you either during the hiring process or upon joining the company.
· We also encourage you to apply for this opportunity on the JPMorgan Chase Careers page.