Client Account Executive, Commercial
Sales & Business Development
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Tuesday, February 6, 2024
Our success is reliant on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can elevate assumptions and ideas with fresh perspectives. We're dedicated to hiring the whole human, not just a resume. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants-including those from historically marginalized groups. We would like to invite you to apply even if you don't think you meet all of the requirements listed below. We don't want a few lines in a job description to get between us and the opportunity to meet you.
About the Team
Our Commercial Client Account Executive team customers manage the renewal, expansion, and cross-sell attachment of current Outreach customers (50 - 1,000 employees in a company). We are product experts and ambassadors for Outreach. We build deep knowledge and understanding of our customers' goals and pain points to enable them to have the insights to Create & Close pipeline through the Outreach Sales Execution Platform.
We enjoy learning new sales trends & methodologies, going to industry events, subscribing to blogs/podcasts, reading books, and researching case studies so we can grow together. We work closely together to champion our customers, share success stories, celebrate our wins, and share goals.
Location: New York, NY
This is a hybrid position and will include up to 20% of overnight travel to customers
Overview of The Role
The primary purpose of the Client Account Executive role at Outreach is to retain current customers and identify opportunities to grow or expand their presence and usage across the platform. This role is responsible for driving value and adoption within an assigned territory of customers. You are responsible for managing the relationship with current customers, including contract renewals, identifying expansion opportunities, and managing the sales cycle for those expansions. You will develop, implement, and manage success plans and lead executive business reviews for your customers. Your primary points of contact within existing customers will include both above the line contacts (CRO, COO, CEO, CFO, and CISO) as well as below the line contacts (System Administrators, GTM Leaders, Marketing/content, Revenue Operations, etc). Key performance indicators include, but are not limited to, customer retention and renewal targets, net revenue retention, expansion quota attainment, renewal forecast quality and accuracy, platform utilization and adoption, and customer sentiment. We expect our Customer Account Executives to act as trusted advisors to the Revenue Office for their customers.
Your Daily Adventures will include
- Manage the renewal, expansion, and cross-sell attachment of current Outreach customers.
- Build effective partnerships with your customers to realize value, adoption, and business process optimization of the Outreach platform.
- Demonstrate strong business and financial acumen to advise and guide your customers to achieve their desired business outcomes and return on investment.
- Have a deep understanding of sales operations, sales team strategies, methodologies and KPI’s
- Develop and build account strategy plans using multiple data points from various sources to drive adoption, utilization, and customer sentiment.
- Manage and close renewals at a high rate to protect revenue retention.
- Develop plans to mitigate churn or contraction, when surfaced.
- Discover, nurture, and close expansion opportunities within your customers.
- Forecast renewals and expansion pipeline with high level of accuracy using Outreach’s forecast methodology.
- Provide impeccable customer service in all interactions.
- Act as a single point of contact/the face of Outreach for your customers. Assist them when navigating product training, strategic guidance, best practices in the platform, and selling expertise.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- At least two years of either account management, customer success, or sales lifecycle management experience, preferably in a SaaS environment
- Proven experience demonstrating value realization in a product, platform, or service
- Proven experience influencing product or platform adoption and utilization at customers
- Effective project management skills
- Ability to influence decisions without direct authority
- Strong financial acumen to be able to showcase metrics and potential ROI
- Ability to manage and navigate complex renewals and expansions sales cycles
- Ability to build and cultivate strong, trusting relationships and partnerships, both internally and externally
- Knowledge of various sales methodologies to apply them to customer usage of the Outreach platform
- Strong negotiation skills
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to tailor messaging appropriately for the audience
- Executive presence and strong interpersonal skills
- Team player with a high sense of drive and initiative to keep opportunities moving forward
Compensation for this role is a mix of a base salary and a variable component. The total compensation will range between $140,000 - $165,000. You may also be offered incentive compensation, restricted stock units, and benefits. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the book of business being managed, candidate's skills, and qualification. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the book of business being managed, candidate's skills, and qualification. We have a location-based compensation structure; there may be a different range for candidates in other locations.
Why You’ll Love It Here
• Generous medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and their dependents
• Flexible time off
• 401k to help you save for the future
• Company-organized and personal paid volunteer days to support the community that supports us
• Fun company and team outings (or virtual events these days!) because we play just as hard as we work
• Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups like OWN (Outreach Women's Network), AAPI, Rainbow (LGBTQIA+), Gender+, LatinX, Black Excellence, Disability Community, and Veterans
• A parental leave program that includes not just extended time off but options for a paid night nurse, gradual return to work, and the Gottman Institute's Bringing Home Baby course for new parents
• Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
• Plus, unlimited snacks and beverages in our kitchen
• We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status