Professional Services Engineer
Software Engineering, Sales & Business Development
Posted on Friday, November 10, 2023
PingCAP is the fastest-growing enterprise subscription company our investors have ever seen. How are we growing so fast? We’re the company behind TiDB, the most advanced distributed SQL database for building modern transactional applications—and one of the most popular open-source databases on the planet (don’t take our word for it; check it out: https://github.com/pingcap/tidb). TiDB enables some of the world’s largest companies across technology, financial services, travel, Web3, and gaming to scale their business while keeping underlying infrastructure simple and cost-effective. We’re looking for a talented and passionate product manager who is responsible for spanning across TiDB Cloud (both TiDB Dedicated and TiDB Serverless). Join us as we build the database of the future!
About The Role:
At PingCAP, our Professional Services Team takes on the role of dedicated and trusted technical advisors, serving as essential partners for our valued customers. We are committed to ensuring the utmost success of our customers by meticulously designing tailored database architectures, expertly implementing strategic plans, and seamlessly integrating operational solutions for TiDB. We are currently looking for an experienced Professional Services Consultant who will play a pivotal role in ensuring customer satisfaction through hands-on product implementations.
- Partner with our customers to design and implement end-to-end solutions throughout various phases of the application lifecycle.Implement best practices for adopting TiDB, ensuring the quality and timely delivery of customer projects. This includes tasks such as infrastructure evaluation, initial setup, integration, installation, migration, backup and restore, disaster recovery, monitoring enablement, release configuration, system upgrade, performance analysis and tuning etc.
- Provide proactive and reactive guidance on issues related to upgrades, patches, and updates.
- Maintain a commitment to delivering customer projects on time.
- Identify opportunities for enhancing efficiency, scalability, and overall process improvements in professional service operations and delivery processes.
- Collaborate with our Technical Support Engineer team, offering enhanced escalation when necessary.
- Work in collaboration with Product Management and Engineering teams to influence TiDB product development by sharing insights from your field experience.
- 8+ years of experience in software development, consulting, support, or similar post-sales technical roles.
- Profound experience and understanding of complex applications, distributed systems, and customized technology deployments in diverse customer environments.
- Familiarity with enterprise-scale software architectures, application development methodologies, and software deployment and operations.
- Hands-on experience with a variety of technologies, including MySQL, AWS Aurora, Hbase, Key-Value Stores, and cloud technologies.
- Excellent analytical, diagnostic, and problem-solving skills.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Willingness to travel within the region (approximately 20%) as required by customer engagements.
We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. Come advance with us! In keeping with our values, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. PingCAP also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our organization. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at PIngCAP.