(Senior) Product Engineer
Pony.ai, Inc. (“Pony.ai”) is a startup co-located in Silicon Valley and China that is pursuing an ambitious vision for autonomous mobility. We aim to bring safe, sustainable, and accessible mobility to the entire world. We believe that autonomous technology can make our roads exponentially safer for travelers. Founded in late 2016, Pony.ai has been a pioneer in autonomous mobility technologies and services across the U.S. and China, spearheading public-facing Robotaxi pilots in both markets. The company is currently valued at $8.5B and some of its major investors include Toyota, Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan, Sequoia Capital China, and IDG Capital. Pony.ai has formed partnerships with leading OEMs including Toyota, GAC Group, FAW Group, etc. We believe our work has the potential to transform lives and industries for the better. You will have every opportunity to grow and develop as our company scales globally.
We are looking for a versatile, highly skilled, and innovative Technical Program Manager. As the Technical Program Manager, you will collaborate with internal engineers and external business partners to gather project requirements and success metrics, document detailed plans, communicate status regularly, and usher projects to completion. This includes managing project schedules, tracking action items, identifying risks, and clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders. Your projects will span in scope and follow the engineering team’s needs. It's your job to keep the team coordinated on the project's progress and deadlines. You should be able to learn quickly in a fast paced environment.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or related fields
- Direct experience in working in Engineering or Manufacturing Teams
- At least 3 year hands-on experience in program or project management leading or tracking technical projects to launch
- Demonstrated technical aptitude and strong analytical skills with proven results
- Exceptional attention to detail, solid time management and ability to multitask, prioritize, and stay ahead of things while meeting deadlines in a fast moving environment
- Ability to demonstrate strong communication, project management (coordinating multiple projects throughout the entire lifecycle), interpersonal and organizational skills
- Experience in automotive OEMs or Tier1 is a plus
- PMP/PMI certification, or similar project management certification is a plus
Compensation and Benefits
Base Salary Range: $100,000 - $180,000 Annually
Compensation may vary outside of this range depending on many factors, including the candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, experience, and location. Base pay is one part of the Total Compensation and this role may be eligible for bonuses/incentives and restricted stock units.
Also, we provide the following benefits to the eligible employees:
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (Traditional and Roth 401k)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Free Food & Snacks