MIDDLE+/SENIOR BACKEND ENGINEER
MIDDLE+/SENIOR BACKEND ENGINEER
Location Europe, Ukraine
Rallyware’s mission is to provide every member of any distributed group with meaningful opportunities to feel connected, engaged, and valued within the overarching community to unlock their full potential. Rallyware’s Performance Enablement Platform delivers the right training and business activities to the right people at the right time in the right experience by connecting company-specific business goals with their workforce performance data. We believe in the power of every single employee leading a company to success, and we foster this power with the help of our highly scalable, data-driven mobile and web platforms. Rallyware is trusted by market-leading customers across the globe, including Samsung, Avon, Tupperware, Pampered Chef, and many others, to achieve higher sales, faster onboarding, increased adherence and participation in initiatives, stronger digital presence of corporate learning and development, more effective communication, and many other business objectives across a variety of industries, with a primary focus on direct selling.
Rallyware was founded at MIT in 2012 and is a graduate of Techstars Boston. The company is headquartered in Mountain View, CA, with the team distributed across the United States, Canada, Ukraine, Great Britain, Australia, Peru, and Argentina. We are a team of high-performing, responsible, and sociable people who enjoy being in the trenches of a high-growth startup and are dedicated to understanding customer problems and solving tough challenges together. Our people are proactive, conscientious, highly communicative, collaborative, and impactful; we place the team ahead of ourselves and strive to excel in cross-functional work to move the company forward.
Rallyware has recently acquired Myagi, a fully remote SaaS business on a mission to connect the world’s leading brands (Nike, Gibson, Casio, and Giant) with third-party sellers and their retail employers responsible for selling their products to consumers. Myagi enables these brands to build advocacy, collect valuable feedback, and ultimately drive sell-through and improve the customer experience.
- Design and create services and system architecture for projects, and contribute and provide feedback to other team members;
- Collaborate with a team of Backend Software Engineers, Project Managers, and System Administrators;
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas to our technology, algorithms, and products;
- Work with the product and design teams to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases, and then translate them into a pragmatic and effective technical solution;
- Dive into difficult problems and successfully deliver results on schedule.
- Strong knowledge and commercial experience of PHP 7.0 and higher;
- Experience with Symfony;
- Understanding of OOP principles;
- Using and understanding design patterns;
- Knowledge of SQL;
- Experience with PostgreSQL11;
- Intermediate level of English.
- People-oriented management without bureaucracy;
- Excellent compensation package;
- Flexible hours;
- 18 working days of annual paid vacation;
- Paid sick-leaves;
- Friendly and engaging professional team;
- Accounting and legal support.
If you think that this opportunity matches well your experience, skills, and what you are naturally good at – please apply with your resume and cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll be in touch shortly!