Growth Lead, Global Acquisition
Sales & Business Development
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Wednesday, August 9, 2023
Rippling gives businesses one place to run HR, IT, and Finance. It brings together all of the workforce systems that are normally scattered across a company, like payroll, expenses, benefits, and computers. For the first time ever, you can manage and automate every part of the employee lifecycle in a single system.
Take onboarding, for example. With Rippling, you can hire a new employee anywhere in the world and set up their payroll, corporate card, computer, benefits, and even third-party apps like Slack and Microsoft 365—all within 90 seconds.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Rippling has raised $1.2B from the world’s top investors—including Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, Sequoia, Greenoaks, and Bedrock—and was named one of America's best startup employers by Forbes.
About the role
At Rippling, the growth team is the tip of the spear of revenue generation. Our team’s job is to maximize revenue by efficiently driving sales demos. We do that by running marketing experiments across multiple channels, then rapidly scaling the ones that work.
In this role, you’ll lead our growth initiatives for global products, focused on prospective customers. Brainstorming and testing new intent signals and datasets will improve targeting and expand our addressable market. By launching campaigns supported by the database improvements you make, you’ll bring qualified leads to our global sales team and collaborate with sales to improve our entire GTM motion. Partnering with engineers, product managers, and marketing operations will unlock scalable infrastructure. This is a senior role with significant cross-functional collaboration; you will own a significant business line and targets in one of our fastest growing product verticals.
About the team
We’re a unique team of generalists inside the Rippling growth org building an efficient engine to acquire new customers. We lead projects across engineering, analytics, sales, and marketing operations. In any given week, we’re running new tests, doing user research, working with engineering to automate new growth motions, and analyzing data to uncover new opportunities. We then build and execute campaigns and work with sales to turn our leads into revenue.
We look for smart and hacky problem solvers. You don’t need prior experience in growth or marketing - but you should be excited to learn a tremendous amount about it.
What you will do
- Lead the team and drive new bets for Rippling’s fastest growing product lines, which drive $xxM revenue / yr.
- Find new data sources that will improve our messaging, targeting, and/or campaign timing
- Develop strategies for customer acquisition, partnering with engineering, operations, and sales to drive step-function changes in outcomes.
- Run experiments to convert leads - you will generate ideas, define targeting, write copy, and scale the winners. You’ll also iterate on the go to market strategy then test and measure the impact of your changes, scaling the most effective improvements.
- Analyze data to understand what’s working and what’s not - from reading through email replies / customer interactions to writing SQL and hopping into Excel.
What you will need
- 6-9 years of experience doing both quantitative and qualitative work in a fast-paced environment, like founding a company or doing product/growth/engineering at a tech startup.
- Hackiness and product thinking. You’re able to balance shipping an MVP with building for scale.
- Interest in becoming world-class at growth. You don’t need to have worked in growth before, but you should be excited to learn rapidly via challenging projects and have real ownership over business outcomes.
- Experience managing and executing complex projects cross-functionally across technical and business stakeholders.
- Ability to analyze data to drive business insights, in SQL and Excel.
- Agility and speed. You’ll constantly try new growth ideas in this role. When things don’t work, you pivot; when they do, you move fast to scale them.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Competitive attitude; motivated by the idea of owning a number and winning.
Rippling is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected characteristics, Rippling is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities who need assistance during the hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please email email@example.com
Rippling highly values having employees working in-office to foster a collaborative work environment and company culture. For office-based employees (employees who live within a 40 mile radius of a Rippling office), Rippling considers working in the office, at least three days a week under current policy, to be an essential function of the employee's role.
This role will receive a competitive salary + benefits + equity. The salary for US-based employees will be aligned with one of the ranges below based on location; see which tier applies to your location here.
A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s compensation–including a candidate’s professional background, experience, and location. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed below.