Strategic Finance Associate
Accounting & Finance
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2024
Rippling gives businesses one place to run HR, IT, and Finance. It brings together all of the workforce systems that are normally scattered across a company, like payroll, expenses, benefits, and computers. For the first time ever, you can manage and automate every part of the employee lifecycle in a single system.
Take onboarding, for example. With Rippling, you can hire a new employee anywhere in the world and set up their payroll, corporate card, computer, benefits, and even third-party apps like Slack and Microsoft 365—all within 90 seconds.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Rippling has raised $1.2B from the world’s top investors—including Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, Sequoia, Greenoaks, and Bedrock—and was named one of America's best startup employers by Forbes.
About the role
Rippling is looking to hire an Associate to be based out of the New York or San Francisco offices. This role will work closely with the Strategic Finance leads in central FP&A, go-to-market, and business unit partnership in R&D and CX. The key responsibilities of the role will include a combination of: maintaining the companywide long-range planning model, conducting industry research to drive strategic insights, and supporting any fundraising / M&A initiatives. This role will be highly visible with senior leadership in business units across the company. The ideal candidate will have relevant experience in Finance at another high-growth technology company. Prior background in banking and consulting is preferred, though not required.
Strategic finance at Rippling is responsible for financial planning, forecasting, headcount and budgeting, Board materials, investor relations, and business unit partnership. This function is responsible for setting near and long term financial targets, and then partnering closely with leaders across the whole company to execute on this plan. Rippling is a very complex and fast growing business, and the financial function is a critical thought partner to company leadership in making high ROI decisions to maximize long term stakeholder value.
What you will do
- Manage our long-range planning model and assess key levers that will generate the most impact to our financial profile
- Maintain an active pulse of industry peers (HCM and other best-in-class SaaS companies) and share strategic insights with leaders in the business
- Evaluate future Rippling opportunities (i.e. product areas, GTM channels etc.) by conducting marketing sizing / benchmarking, desktop research and expert calls
- Conduct internal deep dive data analysis into important trends that influence our financial forecast. Use the results of these analysis to update the LRP, and partner with product and go-to-market teams to assess any implications for their strategies
- Support any fundraising efforts and M&A initiatives
What you will need
- 4+ years of finance experience. Previous career experience in banking or consulting is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Business, or a related field.
- Strong analytical skills. This includes the ability to create financial models from scratch and an interest in conducting deep dive analysis to better understand key business drivers.
- Self-starter. This individual should feel comfortable operating in a high growth environment, with a desire to take ownership of projects and drive them to completion with limited guidance.
- Ability to collaborate with teams across the company. Strong oral and written communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with non-financial audiences.
- Experience with Salesforce and SQL are a plus but are not required.
Rippling is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected characteristics, Rippling is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities who need assistance during the hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please email email@example.com
Rippling highly values having employees working in-office to foster a collaborative work environment and company culture. For office-based employees (employees who live within a 40 mile radius of a Rippling office), Rippling considers working in the office, at least three days a week under current policy, to be an essential function of the employee's role.
This role will receive a competitive salary + benefits + equity. The salary for US-based employees will be aligned with the range below based on New York City Metro and San Francisco Bay Area.
A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s compensation–including a candidate’s professional background, experience, and location. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed below.