VP of Operations
Sedgwick Claims Management Services
Taking care of people is at the heart of everything we do, and we start by taking care of you, our valued colleague. A career at Sedgwick means experiencing our culture of caring. It means having flexibility and time for all the things that are important to you. It’s an opportunity to do something meaningful, each and every day. It’s having support for your mental, physical, financial and professional needs. It means sharpening your skills and growing your career. And it means working in an environment that celebrates diversity and is fair and inclusive.
A career at Sedgwick is where passion meets purpose to make a positive impact on the world through the people and organizations we serve. If you are someone who is driven to make a difference, who enjoys a challenge and above all, if you’re someone who cares, there’s a place for you here. Join us and contribute to Sedgwick being a great place to work.
VP of Operations
Great Place to Work®
Most Loved Workplace®
Forbes Best-in-State Employer
PRIMARY PURPOSE: To be responsible for the technical and operational functions for multiple offices, including direct operational responsibility where the manager resides; to handle the staffing and training needs within assigned offices, as well as staff development, career and succession planning; and to be responsible for budget preparation and profit and loss management for assigned office(s). Has direct and indirect responsibility for 300 or more colleagues.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees overall operations management for all locations/offices within an area.
- Establishes and ensures compliance to best practices, claims management services standards, state regulations, and client service requirements.
- Establishes business plan with goals and objectives for the area and locations/offices.
- Monitors and takes appropriate action on management reports relating to the area/office performance.
- Assists with the coordination of sales and client service efforts.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization's quality program(s).
- Travels as required.
- Administers company personnel policies in all areas and follows company staffing standards and training recommendations.
- Interviews, hires and establishes colleague performance development plans; conducts colleague performance reviews.
- Provides support, guidance, leadership and motivation to promote maximum performance.
Education & Licensing
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university preferred. CPCU, ARM, AIM, and/or AIC certifications preferred. Licenses as required.
Ten (10) years claims management experience or or equivalent combination of experience and education including five (5) years supervisory experience.
Skills & Knowledge
- Strong technical claims knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication, including presentation skills
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Leadership/management/motivational skills
- Analytical and interpretive skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.
Mental: Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent judgment, troubleshooting, problem solving, analysis, and discretion; ability to handle work-related stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet deadlines
Physical: Computer keyboarding, travel as required
Auditory/Visual: Hearing, vision and talking
NOTE: Credit security clearance, confirmed via a background credit check, is required for this position.
The statements contained in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a colleague assigned to this description. They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions, duties, or local variances. Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.
Sedgwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.