Senior Podcast Producer, Syntax
Bad software is everywhere, and we’re tired of it. Sentry is on a mission to help developers write better software faster, so we can get back to enjoying technology.
With more than $217 million in funding and 90,000 organizations that believe we’re on to something, we're building performance and error monitoring tools that help companies like Disney, Microsoft, and Atlassian spend less time fixing bugs and more time building products. If you like to selfishly build things that make your digital life better, come help us build the next generation of software monitoring tools.
About the role
Syntax (https://syntax.fm) is a popular web development podcast spanning over 600 episodes since 2017, with monthly active listens in the hundreds of thousands (Top 50 on Spotify for “Tech”). Our co-hosts Wes Bos and Scott Tolinski produce 3 episodes a week, feature new guests weekly, and engage regularly with our audience both on the podcast (via listener Q&As) and on various social media platforms.
We believe Syntax can become bigger and better. To get there, we’re looking for a highly skilled and enthusiastic Senior Podcast Producer to join our team. As a Producer, you will play a crucial role in the development, production, and promotion of our podcast episodes. You’ll organize and maintain a content calendar, help onboard guests, and produce the final mix – both audio and video – before episodes go live to listeners. You’ll collaborate with the Syntax team to help promote your work, by repurposing episode content for promotion on other platforms (i.e. social, YouTube, etc). If you’re successful, you’ll have raised the quality bar for how we coordinate, record, mix, and distribute podcast episodes, helping us reach a wider audience and take Syntax to the next level.
If you’re a talented Podcast Producer with a passion for creating engaging podcast content – beyond just audio – we would love to hear from you.
In this role you will
- Attend episode recordings, managing the recording process and ensuring technical aspects run smoothly
- Edit video and audio content to ensure high-quality episodes are delivered to our audience
- Demonstrate a vibrant, energetic, and flexible attitude in contributing to the show’s overall tone and atmosphere
- Proactively test and react to insights to continuously improve the podcast’s quality and reach
- Take charge of booking guests, vetting their sound quality before episodes, and maintain follow-up communication once their episodes are live
- Develop and maintain a content calendar to schedule upcoming shows and plan podcast releases
- Create social media assets in different formats that align with episode content, and collaborate with our social teams to maximize their effectiveness
You’ll love this job if you
- Possess a high quality bar for producing audio and video content
- Thrive working in an environment where you’re asked to regularly deliver value semi-autonomously (i.e. you don’t need an explicit task list to be effective)
- Want your work to to reach a wide audience and make an impact
- Minimum 5 years demonstrated experience in video/audio production, preferably in the context of podcast production
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, enabling effective collaboration with guests and the podcast team
- Proficiency in social media platforms and an understanding of their unique dynamics
- Comfortable working independently and being responsible for the podcast’s scheduling and social media presence
The base salary range (or hourly wage range, if applicable) that Sentry reasonably expects to pay for this position is $111,000 to $150,000. A successful candidate’s actual base salary (or hourly wage) amount will be determined by a variety of relevant factors including, without limitation, the candidate’s work location, education, work and other relevant experience, skills, and job-related knowledge. A successful candidate will be eligible to participate in Sentry’s employee benefit plans/programs applicable to the candidate’s position (including incentive compensation, equity grants, paid time off, and group health insurance coverage). See Sentry Benefits for more details about the Company’s benefit plans/programs.
Equal Opportunity at Sentry
Sentry is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to its employees and candidates for employment regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or other legally-protected characteristic. This commitment includes the provision of reasonable accommodations to employees and candidates for employment with physical or mental disabilities who require such accommodations in order to (a) perform the essential functions of their jobs, or (b) seek employment with Sentry. We strive to build a diverse team, with an inclusive culture where every teammate can thrive. Sentry is an open-source company because we believe that everyone, everywhere, should have the ability and tools to make great software. Software should be accessible. That starts with making our industry accessible.