Enterprise Solution Engineer
Sigma’s vision is to create an insight-driven world where people, organizations, and, ultimately, humanity are transformed for the better by data. At Sigma, we are building a cloud-native business intelligence platform that allows users to tap into their biggest databases hosted in the cloud and easily conduct ad hoc analysis to gain business insights in seconds. All without any SQL programming. We are growing the Solution Engineering team and are looking for a Solution Engineer who will help redefine the business intelligence landscape for our customers. You will join a talented team of Solution Engineers with a shared mission to truly make data access easy to drive business results.
The Sigma Solution Engineer believes in the power of analytics to transform organizations and uncover new data insights to increase business agility. The Sigma Solution Engineer will act as the trusted advisor to our prospects and customers working in tandem with Sales, Business Development, Product Management, Engineering, and Support. This individual is ultimately responsible for managing and delivering on all activities related to the technical presales cycle. This includes presentations, demonstrations, and hands on development of prototypes. You will align closely with our field Regional Sales Managers (Enterprise) focused on sales in new and existing accounts.
What You Will Be Doing
- Understand and uncover business challenges and issues faced by the customer and be able to run a targeted discovery sessions or workshop
- Engage with business users to define, create, and showcase solution prototypes
- Build and present customized demos for customers, trade shows, and webinars
- Confidently present and articulate the business value of the Sigma platform to all levels within an organization
- Deliver product, technical, and security related responses on RFPs/RFIs
- Participate in product, sales, and relevant technology certifications to acquire, maintain, and grow skill sets
- Work as a team player by contributing, learning, and sharing new knowledge
- Be conversant in integration and data migration approaches to facilitate enterprise-type sales cycles
- Manage multiple customer engagements concurrently
- Attain quarterly and annual objectives assigned by management
- Become a Sigma champion and product expert, prospects and customers will look to you for advice and expertise
Qualifications We Need
- Minimum 5 years of business intelligence experience
- Customer relationship skills
- Strong understanding of database concepts
- Cloud data warehouse experience - Snowflake, Redshift, BigQuery
- ETL experience - Fivetran, Matillion or traditional ETL
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multitask in a fast-paced startup environment
- Experience implementing production business intelligence solutions or proof of concepts
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field or equivalent technical & business experience
- 25% Travel
Qualifications We Want (also, skills you’ll learn!)
- Experience at a SaaS company or with cloud architectures
- Experience with data analytics business use cases
- Startup experience
Additional Job details
The base salary for this position is $150k annually.
Compensation may vary outside of this range depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience. Base pay is one part of the Total Package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work at Sigma Computing. This role is eligible for a variable pay (based on goal achievement), stock options, as well as a comprehensive benefits package.
Note: The world around us is changing, but we at Sigma Computing are growing and scaling. We raised our Series C in Dec 2021. With that, and us being able to 3X our revenue year on year, hiring and building out the best version of our product is priority. That is why we want to talk to you.
At Sigma Computing, our mission is to empower everyone to make the best possible decisions at every turn by removing the barriers that prevent people from analyzing data across sources and delivering the full spectrum of self-service cloud analytics and business intelligence.
We raised a $300M Series C from Co-Leads D1 Capital Partners and XN, Existing Investors Sutter Hill Ventures and Altimeter Capital, and Snowflake Ventures.
Come join us to help us be smarter and grow together!
Benefits For Our Full-Time Employees:
- Generous health benefits
- Flexible time off policy. Take the time off you need!
- Flexible schedule, do the work you need to get done in the time you have to get it done
- At least 12 weeks of paid bonding time for all new parents
- Traditional and Roth 401k
- Commuter and FSA benefits
Sigma Computing is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a smart and strong team regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We look forward to learning how your experience can enable all of us to grow.
Note: We have an in-office work environment in both our SF & NYC office.