Senior Account Executive
Skilljar is helping millions of people around the world gain job-relevant skills in a constantly evolving economy. We’re delivering business outcomes for our customers, innovating in an exciting new category, and driving impact to narrow the global skills gap!
To achieve the mission, we're seeking a Senior Account Executive to join our growing Sales team! This person will engage with prospective companies in Mid-Market and Enterprise segments to identify how the Skilljar platform can help them to drive key business and growth objectives. As a trusted advisor, you’ll promote Skilljar's solutions and help prospects understand how a customer education platform can allow them to reduce customer churn, increase customer engagement, and grow customer relationships.
We are seeking to hire a motivated sales professional that is comfortable wearing multiple hats and can succeed in a dynamic environment. You must be flexible, highly-collaborative, and able to think on your feet. This is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly accelerating startup that has dozens of Fortune 1000 and mid-market clients on its roster.
- Own the end-to-end sales process in order to consistently achieve individual sales quotas and deliver against key performance metrics.
- Engage and collaborate with appropriate resources such as Solutions Engineers, Professional Services and Customer Success to drive forward opportunities.
- Build and maintain a pipeline of potential sales opportunities in partnership with your SDR.
- Understand prospect difficulties to develop a value proposition specific to their needs and business goals.
- Create and deliver customized sales presentations and high-impact demonstrations.
- Strategically navigate procurement cycles with multi-stakeholder sign-offs, including executives, legal, information security, etc. Develop and negotiate proposals and contracts.
These are the minimum requirements the hiring team is looking for in this role:
- 6-8+ years of proven ability to sell/close MM+ B2B SaaS customers.
- Consistent track record of achieving and exceeding sales quotas.
- Strong executive presence and the ability to build and manage lasting internal partnerships.
Additionally, these are preferred qualifications:
- Consultative sales experience for products/solutions that affect multiple partners and areas of a customer organization.
- Ability to develop, implement, and complete a sales territory strategy with minimal oversight or direction.
- Comfortability working in a small, self-directed environment with evolving market feedback.
- Experience with sales methodologies such as MEDDIC and Value Selling.
- Ability to collaborate on a team and communicate in a clear and thoughtful manner.
- Demonstrated organization skills, attention to detail, and customer focus.
- Experience selling in an emerging industry for a growth stage company is a plus.
Don’t meet every requirement? At Skilljar, we are committed to building a team that embraces a variety of backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. Even if your previous experience doesn’t perfectly match the job qualifications listed, we encourage you to apply.
Skilljar Base Pay Philosophy:
At Skilljar, we strive for salary range transparency in our hiring process. This is a major step towards not only complying with state and local regulations where required, but also to make sure Skilljar is putting pay equity and DEIB top of mind during the hiring process. Base salary is only a part of the total rewards package - this role will also be eligible for a new hire equity grant in the form of stock options, and a sales commission. Below is the base salary range for this role:
All Remote US: $108,800 - $141,300
- Comprehensive Coverage: Skilljar pays 100% of our employee premiums for dental, vision, disability, and basic life insurance. We offer three medical plan options - one of which pays 100% of employee premiums.
- Flexible Time Off: We believe in a healthy work/life balance and trust our employees to take the time off that they need to bring their A-game to work.
- Paid Parental Leave: For our employees starting or growing their families, Skilljar offers paid parental leave for both birthing and non-birthing parents.
- Benefits Package: Skilljar employees have access to a monthly technology reimbursement for remote work, a 401(k) savings plan, stock options, tax-advantaged accounts such as HSA and FSA, voluntary insurance, and access to an Employee Assistance Program.
- Inclusive Culture: We are intentional about creating a culture that is fun and inclusive. A few things you can anticipate: Quarterly Skillet Socials, lots of active Slack channels (including dedicated channels to a themed Thursday, giving kudos to one another, and sharing our remote-working experiences), opportunities to get to know other Skillets across departments, and more!
Backed by prominent financial institutions, including Mayfield, Shasta Ventures, Trilogy Equity Partners, and Insight Partners, Skilljar is the leading enterprise customer training platform, transforming the way organizations onboard, engage, and retain their customers. Trusted by leading global companies like Slack, Tableau, Liberty Mutual, Cisco, Verizon, and U-Haul, Skilljar provides the essential tools and foundation for successful customer and partner engagement and enablement.
We are a team of forward-thinking, dedicated Skillets with startup drive and passion for education. Founded in Seattle, Skilljar is a fully distributed company that exclusively hires in Washington, Oregon, California, Arizona, Colorado, Utah, Idaho, Montana, Texas, Georgia, Florida, Illinois, North Carolina, New York, Missouri and Virginia.
Skilljar is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.
Skilljar does not accept nor are we responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes, LinkedIn bios, or any other candidate introductions.