Senior Manager, Information Systems
SmithRx is developing the next-generation modern pharmacy benefits management (PBM) platform that will change how companies administer and manage pharmacy benefits. Our unified technology platform provides real-time actionable insights that drives cost savings, powers clinical services and results in a brillant customer experience. A unified technology platform exists nowhere in the pharmacy benefit ecosystem to programmatically solve widespread deficiencies. The result is a PBM delivering unmatched service quality and operational efficiency that exceeds all industry standards.
As a Senior Manager, Information Systems, you will be responsible for overseeing and leading a team of IT engineers, helpdesk/service desk and specialists to play a key role in the continual improvement of SmithRx’s internal technology systems. In addition you will be at the forefront of shaping and executing our IT engineering strategy. This role demands a leader with not only strategic prowess but also a deep technical acumen to steer our IT projects toward success.
You will also help scale SmithRx while adhering to industry best practices and common security frameworks. This position will be responsible to ensure the efficient operation, maintenance and advance of our organizations IT infrastructure and systems. Additionally, you will be responsible for our workforce management.
What will you do:
- Lead and actively contribute to design, implementation, and maintenance of complex information systems and IT infrastructure.
- Lead by example and actively engage in technical tasks, such as IT engineering, system integration and troubleshooting, configuration and cybersecurity efforts as needed.
- Supervise and mentor a team of IT professionals, providing guidance, performance feedback and professional development opportunities.
- Identify and assess the IT engineering skill sets required to meet current and future business needs.
- Develop and implement IT strategies that align with company business goals, ensuring the IT tool sets support current and future needs.
- Help architect and implement the overall IT and work with the internal InfoSec team to implement the Cybersecurity infrastructure with the relevant stakeholders, keeping SmithRx a secure and documented company, operating a transparent IT environment.
- Support SmithRx’s SaaS tools and systems/information security compliance practices.
- Oversee IT engineering projects from inception to completion, ensuring they are delivered on time and within budget.
- Create and manage the IT department budget, tracking expenses and resource allocation while maximizing cost-effectiveness.
- Own, manage and be hands-on in implementing the IT Service desk platform.
- Identify training and development needs within the IT team, provide coaching and facilitate skill-building initiatives to enhance team capabilities.
- Implement strategies for continuous skill development within the IT engineering team, ensuring proficiency in cutting-edge technologies.
- Stay up-to-date with emerging technologies and industry trends, evaluating their potential for improving the organization's IT infrastructure and operations.
What you will bring to SmithRx:
- BS degree with computer or IT related majors preferred.
- 8+ years of experience in an IT environment
- 5+ years of leadership/management experience, preferably if those teams have been distributed.
- Strong technical knowledge and hands-on experience across a range of IT engineering domains, including but not limited to, system architecture planning and implementation, ITSM tools and network design, configuration and optimization.
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proficiency in cloud computing platform (AWS) and virtualization technologies.
- Cybersecurity practices, threat detection and incident response.
- Proficiency in IT budgeting, vendor management and contract negotiation.
- Strong leadership and team-building skills with the ability to motivate technical and IT teams.
- Positivity; non-dogmatic, team-first attitude, ownership
- Flexibility; someone who is extremely responsive and comfortable with ambiguity.
- Demonstrable troubleshooting methodologies and root cause analysis.
- 30% travel required to support multiple office locations
What SmithRx Offers You:
- Highly competitive wellness benefits including Medical, Pharmacy, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance
- Flexible Spending Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Program
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Discretionary Paid Time Off
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Wellness Benefits
- Commuter Benefits
- Paid Parental Leave benefits
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Well-stocked kitchen in office locations
- Professional development and training opportunities