Bakery Retail Associate - New Bakery 2024!
SusieCakes Holdings LLC
New bakery location opening soon in Nashville at The Mall at Green Hills in early 2024! Our company is excited to expand our foot print into the Nashville market with our scratch made homestyle baked goods.
We are seeking Bakery Retail Associates that have a passion for the guest experience & baked goods, team work, and are looking to grow their career. We offer a competitive compensation package, benefits, PTO, 401k and much more!
Pay is set to range from $16-18/HR + Tips ($2-4/HR average)
At SusieCakes, we make old-fashioned, sentimental dessert favorites – just like you may remember from your childhood! Our bakeries are filled with the delicious tastes and sweet smells of cakes, cupcakes, cookies, pies, and bars- all baked from scratch, on-site daily, using the freshest and finest ingredients. Our signature Celebration Cake is a birthday staple on tens of thousands of tables. Our bakeries mix the nostalgia of the past with the warmth and feel of a modern, neighborhood bakery. “Connecting through Celebration” is our purpose and what we strive for every day with our team members, our guests, and our community.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
Our bakeries are lively and bustling with genuinely friendly people who have the “hospitality gene.” They understand the importance of what they do every day and are empowered to make days better. Their connections to our guests and to each other are what separates SusieCakes from other bakeries. Our guest service team members will be responsible for greeting, welcoming, and connecting with our guests. They will maintain service quality standards by delivering premium guest service and treating each guest as a VIP. They will handle guest orders and transactions in an efficient and professional manner. They will perform guest service tasks and other duties as needed.
BENEFITS & PERKS:
- Flexible work schedule
- Free non-slip shoes (annually!)
- Birthday month PTO with complimentary cake
- Company holidays off (Thanksgiving, December 25th-27th, and New Year’s Day)
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Vacation, 401k, FSA · Paid Sick Time
- Referral Program
- Pet rescue reimbursement and pet insurance
- Flexible return to work schedule for maternity leave
- Generous 50% discount on all our delicious desserts!
- One year of experience in a customer service environment preferred
- Previous food handling experience in either the hospitality or food and beverage industry is a plus
- Attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to work in cross-functional roles as needed (front-of-house & back-of-house)
- Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends and holidays, as needed
- Frequent walking, kneeling, bending, and reaching overhead
- Able to stand for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift, move and carry up to 50 pounds
- A high school diploma or GED required
- Must be able to speak, read and write English