Senior Product Designer
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally understand our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of said data. Here at Tempus, we are building the infrastructure to modernize cancer treatment. By analyzing a patient’s genetic data in the context of molecular therapies, Tempus empowers physicians to make real-time data-driven decisions in the clinic based on the comprehensive computational analysis of a patient’s unique pathology.
We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in clinical settings. We're looking for designers who are passionate about changing the status quo and bringing cancer care into the 21st century.
About the Role
This role will help shape Tempus’ platform strategy, which aims to connect an ecosystem of molecular and real-world data, infrastructure, analysis tools, deployments networks, and applications for insight delivery. As a Senior Product Designer, you will mentor other designers and work closely with leadership, product, engineering and other stakeholders to define a technology-forward business strategy across externally-focused products and internal workflows. You will help to align cross-functional stakeholders and simultaneously build trust across teams.
This role is focused on systems thinking and defining platform-level AI capabilities to foster a thriving ecosystem of healthcare, pharma and technology user personas. You will play a key role in influencing the roadmaps that align with objectives in collaboration with product and engineering teams, advocating for the needs of platform builders, producers, and consumers.
You will balance exploration and learning, while delivering a high-quality product experience. You will be empowered to take ownership of your design solutions, ensuring they align with our design standards and are backed by design research. You regularly participate in design feedback, stakeholder management, and prioritization of work.
Day to Day Responsibilities
Influence & Approach
- Play a pivotal role in enhancing Tempus’ platform strategy by integrating user-friendly generative AI capabilities into our suite of external products and internal processes.
- Act as a strategic thought-leader alongside product management and senior leadership, including the CTO, to innovate and refine AI-driven design solutions.
- Manage and maintain precision in all communication; be a leader and proponent of disambiguation
- Foster a culture of documentation and knowledge-sharing across several teams and their respective business stakeholders; actively demonstrate these behaviors.
- Anticipate and mitigate roadblocks, and manage implementation of initiatives that span across teams.
- Support designers through mentorship, provide regular design feedback
Collaboration & Culture
- Effectively lead workshops between teams (engineering, product, operations) to accurately resolve requirements and influence roadmaps in a way that achieves broader objectives of the platform
- Work with product and engineering counterparts to define and scope problems.
- Routinely connect with stakeholders to align on goals and approach.
- Consistently leverage the design team for feedback and involvement where appropriate.
- A reliable resource to other team members on the goals of the platform strategy, key use cases and workflows. Able to describe use cases in tandem with the business objectives.
- Approximately 5+ years of experience in fast-paced creative environments
- You are proactive and a natural collaborator — capable of bringing together and aligning various department leaders
- You have a growth mindset and are comfortable continuing to learn and improve
- You are comfortable in ambiguity and leaning on subject matter experts in complex, technical domains.
- You have a preference for progress over perfection.
- You possess exceptional product design skills and the ability to implement strategic and conceptual thinking as well.
- You have experience designing for highly technical users, that are used to conducting their work via various coding tools and ad hoc workflows, such as data scientists, machine learning engineers, bioinformaticians, translational researchers
- You have a compelling portfolio of work that demonstrates high-quality design.
- Have ample experience presenting to senior leadership.
- You focus relentlessly on customers’ needs and wants.
- Experience with Sketch, Figma or comparable tools.
- Experience with OKRs is a big plus.
- Industry experience is ideal, but not required, as well as an understanding of the challenges that surround healthcare data
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.