At Tesla, our Service Managers are the front-line leaders of our service operation. They act as brand ambassadors, delivering an exceptional experience to customers, managing day-to-day operations, and proactively developing team members to reach their full potential. We hire leaders who want to run a service business and be a part of our mission to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy.
Our Service Managers consistently deliver excellent results across all aspects of the business: customer satisfaction, people leadership, operations, and financials. To succeed at Tesla, you must be energetic, highly organized, smart working, and have a passion for true leadership and our brand.
- Exceed customer expectations, monitor service trends, and develop standards and processes to elevate the overall service experience
- Lead by example, prioritize team success, and actively engage in team growth and development, providing regular feedback and mentoring
- Understand and improve all aspects of service center performance, championing safety, efficiency, quality, and technical acumen in service operations
- Grasp business metrics, lead daily operations to achieve specific goals in productivity, quality, cost, and revenue/margin where applicable
- Embrace change, excel in high-pressure situations, exhibit strong prioritization and time management skills, and combine analytical thinking with hands-on problem-solving and a customer-service mindset
- Act in the best interest of Tesla, advocate for customers and team success, and demonstrate a passion for Tesla's mission, people, and customers
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional experience
- Prior leadership experience in a service-focused industry; automotive expertise is not required
- Experience leading teams and managing a diverse group of roles and responsibilities
- Strong and proven experience leading field, technical repair, or manufacturing teams in a fast-paced, technology-driven environment with strong customer facing responsibilities
- Experience running complex processes using Lean or other techniques
- Must have a valid driver’s license in country of employment