What if… you could join an organization that creates, resources, and builds life sciences companies that invent breakthrough technologies to transform human health and sustainability?
Quotient Therapeutics, Inc. is a privately held, early-stage company developing a novel genomics platform and therapeutics for diseases with a large unmet need.
Quotient Therapeutics, Inc. was founded by Flagship Pioneering, an innovative enterprise that conceives, creates, resources, and grows first-in-category life sciences companies. Flagship Pioneering has created over 100 groundbreaking companies over the past twenty years, all of which are pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Moderna (MRNA) Generate Biomedicines, Sana Biotechnology (SANA), Tessera Therapeutics, Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), Indigo Agriculture, Seres Therapeutics (MCRB), and Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS). To date, Flagship has deployed over $2.5 billion in capital toward the founding and growth of its pioneering companies alongside more than $19 billion of follow-on investments from other institutions. In 2021, Flagship Pioneering was ranked 12th globally on Fortune’s “Change the World” list, an annual ranking of companies that have made a positive social and environmental impact through activities that are part of their core business strategies.
We are seeking an AI scientist who wants to leverage imaging to identify new ways to treat human diseases. The candidate brings enthusiasm, intellectual curiosity, scientific rigor, and a deep-rooted desire to innovate. This role is based in the vicinity of Cambridge UK and hybrid work arrangements will be considered, but all applicants will require permission to work in UK.
- Be an active member of a scientific team focused on the design of histology and genomics experiments, with the end goal of developing new therapeutics for diseases with large unmet needs
- Work on collaborative project teams to design experiments, particularly optimising imaging for use with artificial intelligence
- Develop and deploy AI approaches to extract relevant features from histology images
- Develop and deploy AI approaches to guide sample selection based on histology
- Communicate key findings to stakeholders across the company, in written and presentation formats
- Collaborate closely with other members across the organization
- PhD in computer vision, machine learning, computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent practical experience (e.g. a Master’s degree plus 3 years relevant industry experience)
- Strong programming skills in Python, including processing large image datasets (TBs)
- Extensive practical experience working with microscopy data or similar biomedical images
- Experience developing models for multiple computer vision tasks (e.g. classification, segmentation, transfer learning) using deep learning frameworks (TensorFlow, etc)
- Candidates with experience in genomic data analysis
- Ability to work successfully in a matrix environment, prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously and balance competing priorities effectively.
- A high degree of energy, accuracy and attention to detail, and a passion for creating transformative medicines for patients with serious diseases
Location: Cambridge, England
Flagship Pioneering is a biotechnology company that invents and builds platform companies, each with the potential for multiple products that transform human health or sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, Flagship has originated and fostered more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in more than $90 billion in aggregate value. Many of the companies Flagship has founded have addressed humanity’s most urgent challenges: vaccinating billions of people against COVID-19, curing intractable diseases, improving human health, preempting illness, and feeding the world by improving the resiliency and sustainability of agriculture. Flagship has been recognized twice on FORTUNE’s “Change the World” list, an annual ranking of companies that have made a positive social and environmental impact through activities that are part of their core business strategies, and has been twice named to Fast Company’s annual list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies. Learn more about Flagship at www.flagshippioneering.com.
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
At Flagship, we recognize there is no perfect candidate. If you have some of the experience listed above but not all, please apply anyway. Experience comes in many forms, skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. We are dedicated to building diverse and inclusive teams and look forward to learning more about your unique background.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.