Principal Scientist, LNP Formulation
What if…you could join an organization that creates, resources, and builds life sciences companies that invent breakthrough technologies to transform human health and sustainability?
Flagship Pioneering's venture creation engine has conceived and created companies such as Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), and Editas Medicines (NASDAQ: EDIT). Since its launch in 2000, Flagship has applied its unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $212 billion in aggregate value. To date, Flagship has deployed over $2.5 billion in capital toward the founding and growth of its pioneering companies alongside more than $19 billion of follow-on investments from other institutions. In 2021, Flagship Pioneering was ranked 12th globally on Fortune’s “Change the World” list, an annual ranking of companies that have made a positive social and environmental impact through activities that are part of their core business strategies.
Principal Scientist, LNP Production
FL85 is seeking a highly talented and motivated individual to lead LNP formulation production and development efforts. This individual will lead a team of formulation scientists in building, maintaining, and continuously improving a LNP production platform to generate novel delivery vehicles for nucleic acid medicines. The successful candidate will have deep expertise in LNP formulation and delivery sciences, experience building and leading teams, as well as excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Lead a team in the production, characterization, and optimization of LNPs for preclinical studies
- Manage collaborations with internal and external partners, ensuring stakeholder alignment and delivering against tight timelines
- Ensure adequate resources (materials, equipment, and personnel) are available to meet production schedule and study timelines
- Collaborate with groups across the organization to advance company objectives and understanding of LNP function and efficacy
- Prepare study materials and present scientific presentations at internal and external meetings, including to senior leadership
- Train, develop, and provide leadership to a team of scientists and research associates
- Ph.D. in an engineering or life sciences discipline with 5-8+ years of experience in nanoparticle formulation and/or drug delivery
- Deep scientific expertise in the formulation, development, and characterization of LNPs, liposomes, polymeric nanoparticles, or similar
- A strong team player with the ability to work both independently and on cross-functional teams in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Highly self-motivated and comfortable delivering against challenging commitments
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
Flagship Pioneering is a biotechnology company that invents and builds platform companies, each with the potential for multiple products that transform human health or sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, Flagship has originated and fostered more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in more than $90 billion in aggregate value. Many of the companies Flagship has founded have addressed humanity’s most urgent challenges: vaccinating billions of people against COVID-19, curing intractable diseases, improving human health, preempting illness, and feeding the world by improving the resiliency and sustainability of agriculture. Flagship has been recognized twice on FORTUNE’s “Change the World” list, an annual ranking of companies that have made a positive social and environmental impact through activities that are part of their core business strategies, and has been twice named to Fast Company’s annual list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies. Learn more about Flagship at www.flagshippioneering.com.
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
At Flagship, we recognize there is no perfect candidate. If you have some of the experience listed above but not all, please apply anyway. Experience comes in many forms, skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. We are dedicated to building diverse and inclusive teams and look forward to learning more about your unique background.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.