Software QA Analyst (functional & A/B testing)
About the job
Testlio is the originator of fused software testing, a unique approach to testing that combines humans and machines to help digital innovators deliver quality products at scale. In any location. On any device. In any language. Via any payment method. The company is distributed by design, with full-time people worldwide and part-time freelancers in over 150 countries. Clients include Amazon, Athena Health, Microsoft, the NBA, Netflix, PayPal, Uber, Wayfair, and many more. Collectively, they have awarded us an industry-leading 4.7 G2 rating. To learn more, visit www.testlio.com.
Please note: due to our remote work approach and compensation strategy, we are not considering candidates from expensive areas such as Toronto, New York City, San Francisco, etc.
Project Requirements and Summary
- Project duration: This project will last through Jan 2025.
- Location: This is a fully remote role for anyone based in the Americas.
- Schedule: Your hours will be Monday to Friday, 8 am to 5 pm Pacific Time.
- Type of testing: Functional, Analytics, AdOps, A/B
- Project Focus: You will be a Software Quality Assurance Analyst following Agile methodologies you will focus on testing setup and execution, analytics, and tracking validation.
- Must have devices: cell phone (iOs or Android) and a MacBook or Windows
What you need to succeed
- Proven experience (2+ years) as a QA Analyst or similar role, with a strong understanding of software testing principles, methodologies and tools (such as JIRA, Bugzilla, TestRail, Xray or similar)
- Experience with mobile and web applications frontend and backend testing (including API testing)
- Proficiency in identifying and documenting software bugs and issues
- Ability to solve technical tasks required during testing – such as test data generation, log capturing and basic analysis, working with browser developer tools, network logs analyzers, etc.
- Experience in working in agile teams in a remote environment – proven track record of communication and collaboration with different stakeholders such as Scrum Masters, Product Owners and others
- Good knowledge of SDLC, CI/CD, and DevOps, as well as an understanding of test automation principles in effective SDLC
- Nice to have: Previous experience testing analytics implementation (setting up devices, test data generation, call analysis, log export, browser dev tools and troubleshooting).
- Scripting or programming experience
- Experience working in a corporate environment
- Passion, curiosity, and genuine interest in the field of software testing
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written, as well as strong presentation and time management abilities
- Be a good team player, socially open-minded, empathetic, and considerate of cultural differences; able to provide constructive yet clear feedback
- Comfortable with a frequently changing environment and able to adapt fast
- Ability to create and document your work and processes, and provide reports
What you will be doing
- Designing and executing smoke, scripted, and exploratory test cases on mobile, web, and desktop platforms
- Conducting functional, localization, regression, or payments testing to ensure software applications meet quality standards
- Reporting and reproducing issues found during testing
- Documenting and reporting test results, including bugs and potential risks
- Analyzing test results, issues, logs, and other relevant data to identify patterns, trends, and potential areas for improvement
- Collaborating effectively with cross-functional teams, including developers, product managers, and other stakeholders, to ensure alignment on project goals, timelines, and deliverables
- Clearly and proactively communicating test progress, issues, and risks to project stakeholders
- Generating reports that provide actionable insights to stakeholders
- Designing and executing API tests in tools like Postman, SoapUI, or similar
- Assisting in the execution of automated test suites, and proposing automation test candidates
- Creating, maintaining, and reviewing scripted and exploratory test cases and test suites that align with business priorities, project requirements, user expectations, and industry-recommended approaches
- Designing and optimizing appropriate test data
- Ensuring continuous relevance of the test library by refactoring, updating, and deprecating tests
- Developing and maintaining a deep understanding of the system(s) under test
- Staying informed with industry trends and advancements in software testing methodologies and tools
What is the Candidate consideration process
We do our best to bring on individuals who will be excited about their role and have the potential for a great future with Testlio. Since we are 100% distributed we give you the chance to meet with multiple people from our organization to give you an idea of who you would be working with, role expectations, etc. Our interview process can take about 4 to 6 weeks to complete.
- Recruiter interview
- Testing exercise & TestGorilla exercise
- Hiring Manager interview
- Technical interview
- Stakeholder interview
- Client Introduction
- Background check
Diversity and Inclusion
Testlio is an equal-opportunity employer deeply committed to creating an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and identities. We are female-founded and 46% of our team identifies as women. See the DEI section of our website for more information.