Senior DevOps Engineer
San Francisco Bay Area (Hybrid)
We are hiring a talented Senior DevOps Engineer to develop the software and processes for orchestration of AI workloads over large fleets of distributed GPU hardware. In this role, you'll be part of a cloud engineering organization that aims to automate everything and build failure-resistant and horizontally scalable cloud infrastructure for GPU-resident applications.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you'll build deep understanding of Together AI’s services and use that knowledge to optimize and evolve our infrastructure's reliability, availability, serviceability, and profitability.
The best applicants for this role are deeply technical, enthusiastic, great collaborators, and intrinsically motivated to deliver high quality infrastructure. You have experience practicing infrastructure-as-code, including the use of tools like Terraform and Ansible. You also have strong software development fundamentals, systems knowledge, troubleshooting abilities, and a deep sense of responsibility. This role requires frequent communications directly with our customers.
- Minimum of 5 years of prior relevant experience in DevOps, cloud computing, data center operations, SRE, and Linux systems administration.
- Experience in programming in at least one of the following languages: Java, Python, Go, C++.
- Experience designing and building advanced CI/CD pipeline frameworks.
- Experience with cloud computing toolsets like Terraform, Vault, and Packer.
- Experience with configuration management tools like Ansible, Pulumi, Chef and Puppet.
- Experience with Kubernetes, containerization and VPNs.
- Strong sense of ownership and desire to build great tools for others.
- Self-driven and motivated, with a strong work ethic and a passion for problem solving.
- Experience with AI workloads and blockchain based protocols a plus.
- GPU programming, NCCL, CUDA knowledge a plus.
- Experience with Pytorch or Tensorflow a plus.
- Create a highly automated infrastructure pipeline for deploying and scaling distributed and multi-tenant GPU-resident compute to new cloud and data center environments.
- Create infrastructure to auto-scale AI models, create training clusters, and wrestle with CUDA dependencies.
- Introduce tools to facilitate greater automation and operability of services.
- Design, build, and maintain CI/CD infrastructure.
- Architect, deploy, and scale observability infrastructure.
- Participate in on-call rotation and ensure uptime of services.
- Investigate production issues and help prevent their reoccurrence.
- Create runtime tools/processes that optimize cloud triaging and limit downtime.
- Define best practices to make our systems and services measurable.
- Work closely with internal teams to ensure best practices are appropriately applied.
- Build tools to help engineering and research teams measure and improve their velocity.
- Analyze and decompose complex software systems.
- Collaborate with and influence others to improve the overall design.
About Together AI
Together AI is a research-driven artificial intelligence company. We contribute leading open-source research, models, and datasets to advance the frontier of AI. Our decentralized cloud services empower developers and researchers at organizations of all sizes to train, fine-tune, and deploy generative AI models. We believe open and transparent AI systems will drive innovation and create the best outcomes for society.
We offer competitive compensation, startup equity, health insurance, and other benefits, as well as flexibility in terms of remote work. The US base salary range for this full-time position is: $160,000 - $210,000 + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by location, level and role. Individual compensation will be determined by experience, skills, and job-related knowledge.
Together AI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more.