Director, Product Marketing
Marketing & Communications, Product, Sales & Business Development
Posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2024
Transfr is on a mission to create alternative pathways to career success. Our hands-on simulation-based training provides people with the skills they need to enter or reenter the workforce, enabling them to have a better quality of life. Our technology gives immersive training that the user absorbs much more readily than video tutorials, slide presentations, and other training methods.
We believe the future starts with innovative workplace training and hands-on skills development. We’re building bridges between schools, workplaces, and governments to make jobs more accessible and create a better tomorrow, today.
This is an exciting time! Demand for VR skills-based training has never been higher. Our startup is in hyper growth mode, scaling in every direction. We are looking for people that possess a true love for learning and have a burning desire to contribute to outcomes that change the world.
Summary: As a Director of Product Marketing, you will collaborate closely with product, sales, customer success, and other marketing functions to translate both product and business objectives into compelling go-to-market strategies. You’ll have extensive experience leveraging data insights and research to understand customer requirements and industry trends. This is a highly strategic and high visibility role that will help Transfr achieve impressive growth targets and lead the industry in virtual reality (VR) career exploration and training, helping more people find well-paying jobs and achieve upward mobility.
TRANSFR Overview video: https://vimeo.com/530517393/d6213fad78
- Establish and lead a results-driven product marketing function.
- Understand market trends, customer requirements, usage and buying behavior, and the competitive landscape to better identify market opportunities and customer demand.
- Clearly define and refine the ideal customer profile (ICP), buyer personas, and buyer’s journey to guide integrated campaign development.
- Develop the positioning and messaging for target segments and audiences that differentiates the products and solutions in the market and clearly articulates their value.
- Oversee and execute the product and platform capability launch plans in collaboration with product management and ensure launches are integrated with demand generation campaigns.
- Create captivating content tailored to specific target personas, market segments, and geographic locations, including customer testimonials, solution briefs, web content, presentations, demo videos, FAQs, and white papers in partnership with the demand and creative teams.
- Lead communication of the solution and product benefits and features to both external audiences and internal stakeholders, including the development of sales playbooks and product training materials
- Partner closely with other marketing functions to inform channel messaging and strategy – advertising, email, brand, PR, events, and social– to drive best in class marketing campaigns.
- Develop customer marketing campaigns and initiatives focused on product adoption, engagement, and retention.
- Utilize data and performance metrics to refine product marketing strategies and improve positioning with target audiences.
- 7+ years of product marketing experience; Large product portfolio management experience preferred; Experience in XR technologies is a plus
- Strong leadership skills to guide and influence cross-functional teams as well as highly effective communication, collaboration, and project management skills
- Excellent positioning, messaging, and storytelling skills
- Skilled in gathering and analyzing market and competitive intel to inform product marketing positioning and strategy
- Experience in developing and implementing go-to-market plans for new product launches, managing product launch timelines, and coordinating with various stakeholders
- Ability to focus and execute in a fast-changing environment; ability to prioritize effectively and make things happen
- Highly motivated and creative team player who thrives in collaborative environments.
- Great attitude and willingness to learn and be challenged.
What we offer
The base salary range for this position is expected to be between $150,000 and $170,000, with the actual base salary amount dependent on a number of factors, including but not limited to a candidate’s credentials, relevant experience, and primary job location. In addition to salary this role may be eligible for variable compensation and additional company benefits such as stock options, 401(k), paid vacation and sick time, and medical/dental/vision insurance.
If you're looking to make a big difference in the lives of others, we invite you to join us on our mission to make learning more intuitive by helping individuals develop the skills they need for career success.
Be a part of creating pathways to prosperity by helping to develop training simulations to teach skills that lead to well-paying jobs, for all.
At Transfr, we embrace diversity because it breeds innovation. Transfr is an equal opportunity employer that participates in E-Verify committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants, consultants, and employees, and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
**Must be authorized to work in the United States without restriction**
Learn more at transfrinc.com