Director, Product & Technology Public Relations
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Director of Product and Technology PR on Twilio’s Corporate Communications Team.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a global company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business.
About the job
This position is needed to help us amplify the Twilio vision and product portfolio story to a wide range of audiences from the developer to the largest enterprises.
The Director of Product and Technology PR at Twilio will be responsible for the strategy and execution of PR programs that showcase the innovation of Twilio’s growing platform and the vision of the company’s product strategy. This role will partner closely with Twilio’s Product, Developer Evangelism and Product Marketing teams to create narratives that educate enterprises about the way Twilio’s platform can help them compete in the digital economy while also championing the global developer community that build with our APIs.
In this role, you’ll:
- Develop communications roadmaps for product launches, updates and a broader narrative on Twilio’s product portfolio
- Manage day to day proactive product PR programs alongside your corporate comms peers and our global agencies
- Partner with peer PR leaders on Twilio’s vision narrative and develop strategies to raise awareness for Twilio’s next stage of growth; align closely with counterpart leaders in AR, Social, and Internal communications
- Work with executives to develop thought leadership platforms, develop creative campaigns to amplify those platforms and pitch interviews and speaking opportunities
- Collaborate with our Product, PMM and Developer Evangelism teams to develop messaging and media strategy for news events
- Partner with customer and partner marketing to engage customers and partners for joint PR and marketing campaigns
- Manage PRagencies around the world to broaden Twilio’s awareness
- Train and coach spokespeople to talk with the press
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Has experience working with a variety of technology companies from B2B to B2C
- Has experience collaborating 1:1 with executives and building programs that roll up to top level business strategy
- Has strong media relationships with both trade and business press that deliver proven results
- Can grasp technical concepts and help articulate those concepts to a diverse audience through creative executions
- Is a collaborative team player and likes a fast-paced environment but can also work autonomously to bring projects to completion
- Is driven and resourceful
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Has experience at a PR agency as well as at an in-house communications team
- AI product communications experience
This role will be remote but is not eligible to be hired in San Francisco, CA, Oakland, CA, San Jose, CA, or the surrounding areas.
We prioritize connection and opportunities to build relationships with our customers and each other. For this role, you may be required to travel occasionally to participate in project or team in-person meetings.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado, California, New York, and Washington. The information below is provided for candidates hired in those locations only.
The estimated pay ranges for this role are as follows:
- Based in Colorado: $164,480.00-$205,600.00
- Based in New York, Washington State, or California (outside of the San Francisco Bay area): $174,160.00-$217,700.00
- Based in the San Francisco Bay area, California: $193,520.00-$241,900.00
This role may be eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and corporate bonus plan. All roles are eligible for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.