Business Development Representative
A Place Where People Matter.
Start your career journey with Univar Solutions! Here you can make an impact on the world around you and accelerate your career in areas that energize and excite you.
The Business Development Representative will be responsible for effectively closing qualified business leads for the company. Overcoming objections, persistence, creativity and determination will be used daily to obtain a complete understanding of the prospective customers business to negotiate and close. Collaboration and team building will be necessary to ensure a smooth onboarding experience for new customers as well as an adequate hand off to Account Management.
WHAT YOU´LL DO:
- Effectively negotiate pricing and close qualified business leads provided.
- Facilitate new customer set up with internal partners
- Collaborate with Qualification Reps to ensure understanding of prospective customers business.
- Collaborate with Product and Purchasing departments on appropriate solutions, pricing, and product availability.
- Meet and exceed goals on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Ongoing follow up with prospective customers providing solutions to business challenges.
- Educates prospects on Univar Solutions and our solutions to gain buyer confidence.
- Gather additional relevant information from prospective customers and communicate key business points to Account Management.
WHAT YOU´LL NEED:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 1-2 years of sales experience preferred
- Exceptional phone skills
- Experience with Salesforce and Microsoft Office is strongly desired.
- Excellent time management skills required along with strong organizational skills and the ability to handle diverse and significant workload.
WHERE YOU´LL WORK:
- Dublin, OH. Hybrid role.
Univar Solutions is a leading, global distributor of chemicals and ingredients essential to the safety, health, and wellbeing of our daily lives from life-saving medicines and vitamins to hand sanitizers and industrial materials used for cleaning, construction, and more. Our global team of more than 10,000 employees support our vision to redefine distribution and be the most valued chemical and ingredient distributor on the planet!
We offer a Total Rewards package that includes market aligned pay and incentives as well as a diverse benefits offering to support our employees’ physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing.
Univar Solutions supports sustainable solutions for the world around us so that we can do our part to help keep our communities healthy, fed, clean, and safe!
We are committed to a diverse workforce and a culture of inclusion. Together, we are building a culture that acknowledges the unique experiences, perspectives and expertise of individuals and provides the development and growth opportunities to empower us to redefine our industry.
Univar Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.
Univar Solutions does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, employment agencies, or staffing firms (collectively Recruiting Firms). Recruiting Firms must enter into a Master Services Agreement (MSA) with Univar Solutions prior to submitting any information relating to a potential candidate. All searches must be initiated by Univar Solutions' Talent Acquisition team and candidates must be submitted via Applicant Tracking System (ATS) by approved vendors who have been expressly requested to make a submission for a specific job opening. No placement fees will be paid to any firm unless the aforementioned conditions have been met. Contacting our hiring managers directly is prohibited.