$5,000 Sign On Bonus
A Place Where People Matter.
Build your career journey with Univar Solutions! Here you can make an impact on the world around you and accelerate your career in areas that energize and excite you.
Primary Purpose: Dual role position requires operation of company transportation equipment and performing warehouse and tank farm operation activities as directed. Scope of all duties requires compliance with all applicable federal, state, local statutes and regulations and company policies, procedures, and rules. Interaction with customers and business partners will be done in a professional manner
Responsibilities: (% of time may vary by country or region)
- Pick-up and delivery of hazardous materials and wastes, complete inspections and paperwork associated with hazardous materials and waste pickup transport
- Ensure safety and compliance of load
- Use onboard Samsara e-Logging Device manage proper driver duty statuses and planned freight order delivery routing sequencing.
- Use ePOD device to accurately capture customer delivery receipt of goods and other relevant shipment documents
- Perform all other duties as required to make proper deliveries and pick-ups for customers
Education/Experience/Training/Certifications: – Required
- Ability to read, write, count, understand and speak English
- Valid Class A CDL license (with HazMat and Tanker endorsements)
- Ability to use and maintain respiratory protections equipment
- 22 years old or older
- 2+ years of CDL-A driving experience
- 12 months tractor trailer experience in the last 3 years
- No more than 3 minor accidents in the past 3 years
- No DWI / DUI / BAC in the past 5 years
- No license suspension for a moving violation in the last 3 years
Education/Experience/Training/Certifications: – Desired
- Experience on SAMSARA or equivalent ELD
- Experience working in a regional capacity with a targeted 55-hour work week
- Hauling BULK HAZMAT products and perishable consumer goods (e.g., transporting unstable loads or hauling different weights on different trip segments, etc.)
- Operating a tractor-trailer in different conditions (e.g., highway driving, side/local roads, city/country, maneuvering in tight spaces, etc.)
Physical Demands/Environmental Conditions/Other Requirements:
- Physical ability to lift and carry at least 100 pounds, tilt back or break 800 lb. net drums onto a dolly and stand/walk for long periods of time
- Test negative on the company’s drug tests
- Satisfy all DOT physical qualifications requirements to qualify & maintain a CDL-A
- May be handling potentially hazardous substances
Where you'll work:
3301 Edmunds St. SE Albuquerque, NM 87102
We regularly benchmark our full pay practices to competitive alignment with other companies in our industry as well as in our geographic areas. We also have programs in place to recognize our employees for special achievement as well as loyal service.
We know that our employees value their time outside of work, and we strive to build an environment that supports our employees’ needs both at work as well as outside of work. We offer comprehensive time off programs and a global Employee Assistance Program (EAP) to enhance our employees’ overall wellbeing. We encourage our employees to pursue personal and professional development offering global training tools and content.
Diversity and inclusion:
Univar offers several global and regional Employee Resource Networks providing an opportunity for employees to connect with, learn about, and share ideas with each other.
Univar Solutions is a leading, global distributor of chemicals and ingredients essential to the safety, health, and wellbeing of our daily lives from life-saving medicines and vitamins to hand sanitizers and industrial materials used for cleaning, construction, and more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees support our vision to redefine distribution and be the most valued chemical and ingredient distributor on the planet.
We offer a Total Rewards package that includes market aligned pay and incentives as well as a diverse benefits offering to support our employees’ physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing.
Univar Solutions supports sustainable solutions for the world around us so that we can do our part to help keep our communities healthy, fed, clean, and safe!
We are committed to a diverse workforce and a culture of inclusion. Together, we are building a culture that acknowledges the unique experiences, perspectives and expertise of individuals and provides the development and growth opportunities to empower us to redefine our industry.
Univar Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.
Univar Solutions does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, employment agencies, or staffing firms (collectively Recruiting Firms). Recruiting Firms must enter into a Master Services Agreement (MSA) with Univar Solutions prior to submitting any information relating to a potential candidate. All searches must be initiated by Univar Solutions' Talent Acquisition team and candidates must be submitted via Applicant Tracking System (ATS) by approved vendors who have been expressly requested to make a submission for a specific job opening. No placement fees will be paid to any firm unless the aforementioned conditions have been met. Contacting our hiring managers directly is prohibited.