A Place Where People Matter.
Start your career journey with Univar Solutions! Here you can make an impact on the world around you and accelerate your career in areas that energize and excite you.
The Supply Planner position is a highly visible supply chain role that's charged with coordinating and optimizing the inventory planning and procurement cost across the supply chain network.
What you’ll do:
- Ability to balance the sometimes conflicting goals of inventory targets, target customer service levels, forecast accuracy, and safety stock requirements for the allocated portfolio of SKU’s for which they are assigned.
- Key liaison to resolve supply issues and ensures the efficient delivery of inventory, service and cost objectives.
- Identify ways to improve supply planning processes by applying current tools.
- Responsible for ensuring accuracy of all purchase order data to support the Sales, Operations & Transportation Teams
- Meet customer demand and regional performance objectives.
- Proactively use MRP’s and other tools to review inventory projections & supply-demand summaries to prevent potential shortages or excessive inventory and demurrage
- Keep track of inventory levels and make suggestions on inventory parameters
- Ability to assess purchasing options, optimizing loads via combining various products onto a single order, pre-ordering as needed to reduce costs. Works with product marketing management on overall supply direction
- Review out of stock situations or shortage of supply issues and recommends mitigations. Uses exception reports to identify and resolve potential out of stock issues
- Conducts business and performance reviews with key suppliers on an ad-hoc basis
- Tracks and reconciles weekly/monthly metrics versus established targets
What you'll need:
- Bachelors degree in Business, Mathematics, Supply Chain/Operations, Finance or other related field
- Strong Excel skills required and experience with data manipulation - including graphs, pivots, vlookups, etc.
- Knowledge of integrated planning software highly desirable
- Must possess very strong analytical skills and be detailed oriented
- Commit to process improvement and ability to perform root cause analysis
- SAP experience preferred
Where you'll work:
- This is a hybrid based role that will report out of our Dublin, OH location
Univar Solutions is a leading, global distributor of chemicals and ingredients essential to the safety, health, and wellbeing of our daily lives from life-saving medicines and vitamins to hand sanitizers and industrial materials used for cleaning, construction, and more. Our global team of more than 10,000 employees support our vision to redefine distribution and be the most valued chemical and ingredient distributor on the planet!
We offer a Total Rewards package that includes market aligned pay and incentives as well as a diverse benefits offering to support our employees’ physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing.
Univar Solutions supports sustainable solutions for the world around us so that we can do our part to help keep our communities healthy, fed, clean, and safe!
We are committed to a diverse workforce and a culture of inclusion. Together, we are building a culture that acknowledges the unique experiences, perspectives and expertise of individuals and provides the development and growth opportunities to empower us to redefine our industry.
Univar Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.
Univar Solutions does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, employment agencies, or staffing firms (collectively Recruiting Firms). Recruiting Firms must enter into a Master Services Agreement (MSA) with Univar Solutions prior to submitting any information relating to a potential candidate. All searches must be initiated by Univar Solutions' Talent Acquisition team and candidates must be submitted via Applicant Tracking System (ATS) by approved vendors who have been expressly requested to make a submission for a specific job opening. No placement fees will be paid to any firm unless the aforementioned conditions have been met. Contacting our hiring managers directly is prohibited.