Customer Account Partner
A Place Where People Matter.
Start your career journey with Univar Solutions! Here you can make an impact on the world around you and accelerate your career in areas that energize and excite you.
The Customer Account Partner (CAP) at Univar Solutions is responsible for the success of our customers. This is a fast-paced role that requires outstanding skills. As the voice of the customer, you will act both as an advocate for our products and services, and as a champion for our customers. Your job is to ensure that Univar Solutions customers have the best possible customer experience while building and maintaining long lasting relationships. We take customer service seriously and this position is critical to the organization’s success.
This is the perfect role for someone looking to expand their knowledge in chemical distribution and continue to grow and learn within the organization. This role serves as a main customer contact on a day-to-day basis and provides support for oversight of order activities by achieving key deliverables. A successful CAP will be encouraged to make decisions on behalf of the company in alignment with our financial objectives and customer satisfaction standards. All activities are to be handled in accordance with the company's goals of safety, compliance, and code of conduct.
What You´ll Do:
- Take proactive ownership of customer issues & complaints; trouble shoot problems, and see them through to resolution.
- Assist customers in achieving value from Univar Solutions by effectively and proactively handling all orders in a timely manner (beginning to end). Handle department requirements and standards on order entry and accuracy.
- Build and maintain strong professional relationships with customers and internal partners. Work cross functionally with all teams; advance unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams.
- Document knowledge, order status, order issues, customer complexities, issue resolution, customer and internal contact as required.
- Improve policy, procedures, and technology to more effectively enable the end-to-end process, relationships, and value.
- Be a partner to your Field Sellers assisting in driving deep customer relationships, upselling, using data and analyst that anticipate customer’s needs and buying trends.
- Maintain high Net Promoter Scores Ongoing.
What You´ll Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred; High School degree required
- Minimum 3 years Customer Service experience with a dedicated customer portfolio
- 3+ years B2B service management experience, with proven track record and history of building successful relationships with customers.
- Strong Communication
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook
- SAP and Salesforce experience a plus
- Experience in distribution and/or chemical industry is desirable
Univar Solutions is a leading, global distributor of chemicals and ingredients essential to the safety, health, and wellbeing of our daily lives from life-saving medicines and vitamins to hand sanitizers and industrial materials used for cleaning, construction, and more. Our global team of more than 10,000 employees support our vision to redefine distribution and be the most valued chemical and ingredient distributor on the planet!
We offer a Total Rewards package that includes market aligned pay and incentives as well as a diverse benefits offering to support our employees’ physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing.
Univar Solutions supports sustainable solutions for the world around us so that we can do our part to help keep our communities healthy, fed, clean, and safe!
We are committed to a diverse workforce and a culture of inclusion. Together, we are building a culture that acknowledges the unique experiences, perspectives and expertise of individuals and provides the development and growth opportunities to empower us to redefine our industry.
Univar Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.
Univar Solutions does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, employment agencies, or staffing firms (collectively Recruiting Firms). Recruiting Firms must enter into a Master Services Agreement (MSA) with Univar Solutions prior to submitting any information relating to a potential candidate. All searches must be initiated by Univar Solutions' Talent Acquisition team and candidates must be submitted via Applicant Tracking System (ATS) by approved vendors who have been expressly requested to make a submission for a specific job opening. No placement fees will be paid to any firm unless the aforementioned conditions have been met. Contacting our hiring managers directly is prohibited.