Inside Sales Representative
A Place Where People Matter.
Start your career journey with Univar Solutions! Here you can make an impact on the world around you and accelerate your career in areas that energize and excite you.
You will be responsible for building and supporting relationships with accounts; engaging them and demonstrating value through a diverse portfolio of products and services.
WHAT YOU´LL DO:
- Protect and expand Univar’s position within each account with fast response to customer product and service needs.
- Uncover new opportunities for business in each account through discovery conversations.
- Deliver on customer retention and overall customer satisfaction.
- Coordinate customer technical support and product sample needs.
- Document all customer engagement in the provided CRM tools.
- Set pricing and service levels, as well as maintain and coordinate customer quotations or provide necessary information to allow local operations to do so.
- Coordinate with Product Management, Sales, Purchasing, and Operations to ensure proper inventory levels.
- Learn and invest in your sales skills
- Demonstrate commitment to safety, both personal and of your colleagues.
WHAT YOU´LL NEED:
- High School diploma or GED is required.
- As a sales position, the job requires a dedicated high achiever with a desire to succeed in a competitive marketplace and fast-paced environment
- Motivated, energetic self-starter
- The tenacity to stay engaged regardless of the obstacle
- Strong questioning and listening skills with the ability to deliver mutually advantageous solutions to Univar Solutions, suppliers and customers
- Sound judgment and analytical skills with the ability to recognize complex issues
- Desire to gain customer commitments and shorten the sales cycle
- Customer-focused with the ability to identify customer needs
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Good PC skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Good written communication skills with ability to prepare clear, concise business proposals
WHERE YOU´LL WORK:
- This is a Hybrid opportunity. Minimal in-office time is required weekly due for sales development training and support. Candidates must located within the Columbus, OH area.
Univar Solutions is a leading, global distributor of chemicals and ingredients essential to the safety, health, and wellbeing of our daily lives from life-saving medicines and vitamins to hand sanitizers and industrial materials used for cleaning, construction, and more. Our global team of more than 10,000 employees support our vision to redefine distribution and be the most valued chemical and ingredient distributor on the planet!
We offer a Total Rewards package that includes market aligned pay and incentives as well as a diverse benefits offering to support our employees’ physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing.
Univar Solutions supports sustainable solutions for the world around us so that we can do our part to help keep our communities healthy, fed, clean, and safe!
We are committed to a diverse workforce and a culture of inclusion. Together, we are building a culture that acknowledges the unique experiences, perspectives and expertise of individuals and provides the development and growth opportunities to empower us to redefine our industry.
Univar Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.
Univar Solutions does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, employment agencies, or staffing firms (collectively Recruiting Firms). Recruiting Firms must enter into a Master Services Agreement (MSA) with Univar Solutions prior to submitting any information relating to a potential candidate. All searches must be initiated by Univar Solutions' Talent Acquisition team and candidates must be submitted via Applicant Tracking System (ATS) by approved vendors who have been expressly requested to make a submission for a specific job opening. No placement fees will be paid to any firm unless the aforementioned conditions have been met. Contacting our hiring managers directly is prohibited.