A Place Where People Matter.
Start your career journey with Univar Solutions! Here you can make an impact on the world around you and accelerate your career in areas that energize and excite you.
The Accounting Advisor supports one Region and is a key resource for both Regional Accounting Manager and Regional/District Finance Manager in delivering accurate financial results and analysis. Additionally, Accounting Advisor will serve as the primary lead & subject matter expert in one of the following areas across the entire distribution network of Univar: Revenue, Cost of Sales, Inventory. Responsible for month-end entries and analysis related to gross profit & warehouse costs. Additional duties include balance sheet account reconciliations, inventory reconciliations and assisting with reporting and audit requests. The role requires an individual with strong attention to detail and the ability to identify issues and recommend solutions.
What You'll Do:
- Perform month-end close duties, including calculating and recording monthly entries related to gross profit, accrued expenses, inventory reserves, as well variance analysis and reporting
- Assist Regional Manager with Regional Analysis, Reporting, Process Improvements, Integration Activities
- Prepare and ensure completeness of balance sheet reconciliations in addition to reporting on fluctuations over various time periods
- Function as subject matter expert in one of following: Revenue, Cost Adjustments, or Inventory across entire Univar network, develop applicable KPI’s, serve as key resource on enhancement projects
- Provide accounting assistance to internal business partners; respond to financial questions in order to meet business needs
- Prepare schedules for quarterly reviews, internal audit team, and annual audit
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting 5+ years of experience in accounting
- Experience with SAP
- Strong accounting and reporting (US GAAP)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to influence people and processes without direct responsibility.
- Ability to prioritize, plan, organize and meet deadlines.
What You Can Expect:
Univar Solutions is a leading, global distributor of chemicals and ingredients essential to the safety, health, and wellbeing of our daily lives from life-saving medicines and vitamins to hand sanitizers and industrial materials used for cleaning, construction, and more. Our global team of more than 10,000 employees support our vision to redefine distribution and be the most valued chemical and ingredient distributor on the planet!
We offer a Total Rewards package that includes market aligned pay and incentives as well as a diverse benefits offering to support our employees’ physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing.
Univar Solutions supports sustainable solutions for the world around us so that we can do our part to help keep our communities healthy, fed, clean, and safe!
We are committed to a diverse workforce and a culture of inclusion. Together, we are building a culture that acknowledges the unique experiences, perspectives and expertise of individuals and provides the development and growth opportunities to empower us to redefine our industry.
Univar Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.
Univar Solutions does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, employment agencies, or staffing firms (collectively Recruiting Firms). Recruiting Firms must enter into a Master Services Agreement (MSA) with Univar Solutions prior to submitting any information relating to a potential candidate. All searches must be initiated by Univar Solutions' Talent Acquisition team and candidates must be submitted via Applicant Tracking System (ATS) by approved vendors who have been expressly requested to make a submission for a specific job opening. No placement fees will be paid to any firm unless the aforementioned conditions have been met. Contacting our hiring managers directly is prohibited.