Operations Support Specialist
A Place Where People Matter.
Start your career journey with Univar Solutions! Here you can make an impact on the world around you and accelerate your career in areas that energize and excite you.
Operations Support Specialist
As an Operations Support Specialist for Univar Solutions’ INFINITE SUSTAINABLE SERVICES (ISS) business, you will be involved in the following activities:
What You'll Do:
- Performing as site team Safety lead and the corporate safety liaison ensuring safety compliance of employees and the required processes are adhered to at all times
- Certified and skilled in RCRA & DOT regulations. Prepare Bill of Lading, Waste Manifests and scheduling the transport & disposal of customer waste & recycling
- Lead in identifying, managing, and coordinating opportunities for process improvement to drive improved program efficiency, enhancements and profitability
- Performs other related duties as customer requires or ISS management requests
What You'll Need
- Must have the ability to identify, contract, and team with suppliers/vendors to optimize and continuously improve support and service for the customer.
- Experience and solid understanding in/of RCRA and DOT is required.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and presentation skills.
- Highly skilled in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access.
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States
- 3-5 years of industry experience is required (years required based upon direct relevance, roles and responsibilities)
- Pass company physical and drug screen tests. Participate in company medical surveillance program.
- Be flexible. Local travel requirement may peak at 75%.
Where You'll Work
What You Can Expect
- Strong work/life flexibility
- To be surrounded by a diverse team who is collaborative and committed to the achievement of the company
- To be rewarded for your contributions with a targeted annual company bonus and annual salary reviews
- Competitive pay and benefits including Unlimited Time Off as business allows, and 8 paid holidays!
Univar Solutions is a leading, global distributor of chemicals and ingredients essential to the safety, health, and wellbeing of our daily lives from life-saving medicines and vitamins to hand sanitizers and industrial materials used for cleaning, construction, and more. Our global team of more than 10,000 employees support our vision to redefine distribution and be the most valued chemical and ingredient distributor on the planet!
We offer a Total Rewards package that includes market aligned pay and incentives as well as a diverse benefits offering to support our employees’ physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing.
Univar Solutions supports sustainable solutions for the world around us so that we can do our part to help keep our communities healthy, fed, clean, and safe!
We are committed to a diverse workforce and a culture of inclusion. Together, we are building a culture that acknowledges the unique experiences, perspectives and expertise of individuals and provides the development and growth opportunities to empower us to redefine our industry.
Univar Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.
Univar Solutions does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, employment agencies, or staffing firms (collectively Recruiting Firms). Recruiting Firms must enter into a Master Services Agreement (MSA) with Univar Solutions prior to submitting any information relating to a potential candidate. All searches must be initiated by Univar Solutions' Talent Acquisition team and candidates must be submitted via Applicant Tracking System (ATS) by approved vendors who have been expressly requested to make a submission for a specific job opening. No placement fees will be paid to any firm unless the aforementioned conditions have been met. Contacting our hiring managers directly is prohibited.