A Place Where People Matter - Growing our People to Grow our Business.
We’re thrilled that you are exploring career opportunities where you can continue to make a positive difference every day to keep our communities healthy, fed, clean and safe.
About the position:
Reporting to the Sales Manager, the Account Manager has overall responsibility for all accounts assigned within a geographic area to grow profit for Univar’s market share using consultative selling process. The successful candidate identifies and captures new business opportunities at existing accounts and prospective new accounts. This role is ideal for an experienced sales professional, ideally with experience in chemical sales, who has a thorough understanding of the Northern Alberta area and what makes the clients and businesses in this territory unique.
This role will cover various industries around Edmonton while also supporting some of our key customers in Northeastern Alberta.
What you’ll do:
- Proactively plan customer visits 1-2 weeks in advance.
- Call on established and prospective customers to sell company products and services.
- Grow our industrial footprint within Edmonton and surrounding areas.
- Arrange frequent joint calls with Univar and Supplier Technical Service Specialists.
- Maintain a high-integrity sampling program for key customers.
- Co-ordinate with Customer Service and Operations to maintain customer service levels and ensure resolution of complaints.
- Co-ordinate with Purchasing department to ensure availability of product.
- Utilize Salesforce.com to manage customer information during all planning phases.
- Out of town travel is expected. Estimated at 2-3 nights per month.
- Other tasks as assigned.
What we would like from you:
- 2-3 years (or more) previous sales and/or customer service experience preferred
- Chemical sales experience is a strong asset
- Effective and engaging communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work within company policy where experience and independent judgment is demonstrated
- Ability to relate to, and communicate with, individuals at all levels #LI-VL1
Univar Solutions is a leading, global distributor of chemicals and ingredients essential to the safety, health, and wellbeing of our daily lives from life-saving medicines and vitamins to hand sanitizers and industrial materials used for cleaning, construction, and more. Our global team of more than 10,000 employees support our vision to redefine distribution and be the most valued chemical and ingredient distributor on the planet!
We offer a Total Rewards package that includes market aligned pay and incentives as well as a diverse benefits offering to support our employees' physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing.
Univar Solutions supports sustainable solutions for the world around us so that we can do our part to keep our communities healthy, fed, clean and safe.
We are committed to a diverse workforce and a culture of inclusion. Together, we are building a culture that acknowledges the unique experiences, perspectives and expertise of individuals and provides the development and growth opportunities to empower us to redefine our industry.
Univar Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.