Application Development Specialist - Foodology (Enzymes)
A Place Where People Matter.
Start your career journey with Univar Solutions! Here you can make an impact on the world around you and accelerate your career in areas that energize and excite you.
Take your technical and commercial experience with Enzymes and apply it to a new challenge! Are you ready to take the next step in your career?
As an Application Development Specialist (ADS) you will provide technical services to assigned industry customers for sales growth. The ADS will promote a distinction between Univar Solutions and our competitors by using a technical consultative approach to needs-based evaluations of the technology applied by customers.
The ADS builds profitable sales, employing a consultative approach. Develops and maintains a long-term partnership with customers by using industry expertise. Uses Univar resources to provide solutions to customer needs and captures market intelligence.
What you’ll do
- Provide product and industry training to all Sales and Sales support teams.
- Assist with Supplier/Customer contract negotiations.
- Support all aspects of developing business opportunities, targets, and prospecting.
- Participate in tradeshows (national & local), industry conferences/meetings, website info, and literature development.
- Assist customers with application/formulation support. Provide technical support at all levels of the customer chain.
- Coordinate supplier meetings with key/target customers.
- Assist in Business Development, developing technical proposals, and generating product/service application solutions.
- Identify new service/product opportunities by supervising market changes and customer needs.
- Manage communication with supplier technical recourses.
- Collaborates on products and service solutions.
- Assist with new product launches.
- Assist in the qualifications of potential new suppliers/products.
What you’ll need
- Bachelor's degree (technical or Chemistry degree is preferred).
- Proven technical knowledge in the Food Ingredients (raw chemicals) industry.
- Successful experience (five years minimum) with a technical product concentration in enzymes.
- Experience servicing customers at multiple levels, both internal and external, and supplier partners.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written, are necessary to communicate optimally inside and outside the organization.
- Ability to travel (50% - 75%).
Where you'll work
This is a home-based opportunity. This role will cover businesses and accounts across North America. Candidates located in the Chicago, IL area are preferred.
Univar Solutions is a leading, global distributor of chemicals and ingredients essential to the safety, health, and well-being of our daily lives from life-saving medicines and vitamins to hand sanitizers and industrial materials used for cleaning, construction, and more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees supports our vision to redefine distribution and be the most valued chemical and ingredient distributor in the world!
We offer a Total Rewards package that includes market-aligned pay and incentives as well as a diverse benefit offering to support our employees’ physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
Univar Solutions supports sustainable solutions for the world around us so that we can do our part to help keep our communities healthy, fed, clean, and safe!
We are committed to a diverse workforce and a culture of inclusion. Together, we are building a culture that acknowledges the unique experiences, perspectives and expertise of individuals and provides the development and growth opportunities to empower us to redefine our industry.
Univar Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.
Univar Solutions does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, employment agencies, or staffing firms (collectively Recruiting Firms). Recruiting Firms must enter into a Master Services Agreement (MSA) with Univar Solutions before submitting any information relating to a potential candidate. All searches must be initiated by Univar Solutions' Talent Acquisition team and candidates must be submitted via the Applicant Tracking System (ATS) by approved vendors who have been expressly requested to submit a specific job opening. No placement fees will be paid to any firm unless the aforementioned conditions have been met. Contacting our hiring managers directly is prohibited.