A Place Where People Matter.
Start your career journey with Univar Solutions! Here you can make an impact on the world around you and accelerate your career in areas that energize and excite you.
**This is a second shift position with the hours of 4 pm to 12:40 am**
As a Site Supervisor for Univar Solutions’ Infinite Sustainable Solutions (ISS) business, you will be involved in the following activities.
What You'll Do
- Responsible for the daily safe, efficient, legal and economical operations of assigned branch.
- Facilitates compliance to corporate health, safety, and environmental policies, including completion of all required training, documentation and record keeping.
- Assists Leadership with conducting timely and detailed inspections, audits, incident investigations and communicates as needed.
- Conducts daily pre-shift meetings, communicates expectations to employees and maintains a supervisory presence throughout the branch to ensure operational goals, budget and objectives are met.
- Builds a positive work environment and empowers employee ownership of branch operations and performance. Ensures all employees have the required tools and training on matters related to safety, operation standards and department goals.
- Work closely with the global Sustainability team and EHS field leads when developing plans and projects, using data analysis to uncover opportunities for sustainability improvements.
- Facility Maintenance. Process Improvement. Performs other related duties as required or requested.
What You'll Need
- High School Diploma/GED required. Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years operations (chemical distribution) experience and ability to operate all warehouse equipment
- Supervisory Leadership; consistent record of communicating, supporting, and empowering employees to achieve operational objectives.
- Proven understanding of Microsoft Office applications; Excel and Word!
- Analytical and interpersonal skills with the ability to lead, record and report department production!
- Ability to report and understand performance metrics and process improvement.
- High level of decision-making ability; balancing customers needs and company objectives.
- Proven understanding of governmental requirements related to the chemical industry; i.e. OSHA, EPA, RCRA, DOT, etc. preferred or shown ability to attain such knowledge. Knowledge of cGMP requirements as it pertains to FDARP as applicable to the facility.
Where You'll Work
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
- Strong work/life flexibility
- To be surrounded by a diverse team who is collaborative and committed to the achievement of the company
- To be rewarded for your contributions with a targeted annual company bonus and annual salary reviews
- Competitive pay and benefits including Unlimited Time Off as business allows, and 8 paid holidays!
Univar Solutions is a leading, global distributor of chemicals and ingredients essential to the safety, health, and wellbeing of our daily lives from life-saving medicines and vitamins to hand sanitizers and industrial materials used for cleaning, construction, and more. Our global team of more than 10,000 employees support our vision to redefine distribution and be the most valued chemical and ingredient distributor on the planet!
We offer a Total Rewards package that includes market aligned pay and incentives as well as a diverse benefits offering to support our employees’ physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing.
Univar Solutions supports sustainable solutions for the world around us so that we can do our part to help keep our communities healthy, fed, clean, and safe!
We are committed to a diverse workforce and a culture of inclusion. Together, we are building a culture that acknowledges the unique experiences, perspectives and expertise of individuals and provides the development and growth opportunities to empower us to redefine our industry.
Univar Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.
Univar Solutions does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, employment agencies, or staffing firms (collectively Recruiting Firms). Recruiting Firms must enter into a Master Services Agreement (MSA) with Univar Solutions prior to submitting any information relating to a potential candidate. All searches must be initiated by Univar Solutions' Talent Acquisition team and candidates must be submitted via Applicant Tracking System (ATS) by approved vendors who have been expressly requested to make a submission for a specific job opening. No placement fees will be paid to any firm unless the aforementioned conditions have been met. Contacting our hiring managers directly is prohibited.