Financial Analyst (12 month contract)
A Place Where People Matter - Growing our People to Grow our Business
We’re thrilled that you are exploring career opportunities where you can continue to make a positive difference every day to keep our communities healthy, fed, clean and safe.
What you’ll do:
- Prepare monthly balance sheet and P/L reports from various financial systems (SAP, OneStream, etc.)
- Prepare assigned sections for monthly/quarterly financial presentations
- Prepare financial reports for submission to US Corporate
- Assist with the annual AOP Process (Planning & Execution)
- Assist with the annual 5 year Strategy Plan Process (Planning & Execution)
- Ownership of Canada Corporate P/L (monthly variance analysis & annual budgeting)
- Other duties as assigned by the FP&A Manager
What we’ll need from you:
- University degree majoring in Accounting/Finance/Business Administration. CPA designation preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in FP&A
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills and team player
- Attentive to detail while also maintaining focus on big picture
- Quick learner and resourceful self-starter who does not require close supervision, and enjoys a fast paced environment
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Strong (advanced) Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience working with reporting tools such as Tableau would be a plus #LI-VL1
It takes people like you and a global network of more than 10,000 employees to build a company where the best people want to work.
As a valued Univar Solutions employee, you understand that we are more than a distribution company. From delivering vital ingredients for food and nutrition, to helping keep drinking water safe, our company is dedicated to improving quality of life with our customers, suppliers and partners as we serve the world's most essential industries.
We are committed to a diverse workforce and a culture of inclusion. Together, we are building a culture that acknowledges the unique experiences, perspectives and expertise of individuals and provides the development and growth opportunities to empower us to redefine our industry.
Univar Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.