Product Compliance Analyst, EHS
A Place Where People Matter
Start your career journey today with Univar Solutions! Here you can make an impact on the world around you and accelerate your career in areas that energize and excite you.
About the position:
The Product Compliance Analyst provides product regulatory compliance support to operational facilities and the commercial organization. Support includes branch-based product compliance and permitting as well as regulatory approvals and compliance associated with specific product regulations. In addition, the candidate will assist with implementation of strategies that provide continuous improvement of the regulatory compliance programs. This position works collaboratively with Regional Regulatory Managers to collectively support field operations.
- Responsible for monitoring global chemical control regulations and assessing impact on company products to assure compliance in applicable regions where we do business.
- Participate in new product reviews and proposed new or modified products for regulatory impact.
- Conduct product regulatory reviews in workflow and in SharePoint
- Provide regulatory guidance to internal stakeholders on chemical regulatory issues and participate in developing company guidelines and policies to address applicable issues.
- Review customer compliance forms.
- Complete product regulatory reviews for warehouse optimization/site consolidation
- Create Training Documentation
- Conduct SAP/Product Compliance Training
- Support REACH OR code certificate requests to vendors
- Monitor and answer questions from multiple dept mailboxes (Regchem, NSN)
- Update customer forms
- Review customer accounts to determine which classifications should be removed
- Assist with program audits
- Assist SMEs with reports and gathering data
- Create outreach documentation to the organization for program updates
- Generate and submit Annual Federal Government Reports
- Annual DIN Registration
- Other duties as required
- Degree in Biological/Life Sciences, chemistry, or toxicology with directly related experience in chemical management issues.
- 3-5 years’ experience in the chemical, petrochemical, and/or polymer industries and expertise in associated regulatory issues, especially WHMIS2015, TDG, CEPA, Health Canada, etc.
- Familiarity with the SAP EHS module a plus.
- Perform responsibilities with a positive attitude and an ability to work with a minimal supervision
- Be adept at adjusting to changing priorities
- Ability to distill, summarize, and effectively communicate complex issues to upper management and non-technical individuals.
- Demonstrated ability to be a trusted business advisor: problem solving, developing action plans and making recommendations rather than simply executing when asked.
- Excellent problem-solving techniques and quantitative, analytical skills.
- Highly effective written and verbal communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work at all levels of the organization and with people of various backgrounds, experience, and education levels.
- Ability to organize and manage a complex workload and projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel), SharePoint and other developing interfaces (Tableau, SAP, etc.) #LI-VL1
Univar Solutions is a leading, global distributor of chemicals and ingredients essential to the safety, health, and wellbeing of our daily lives from life-saving medicines and vitamins to hand sanitizers and industrial materials used for cleaning, construction, and more. Our global team of more than 10,000 employees support our vision to redefine distribution and be the most valued chemical and ingredient distributor on the planet!
We offer a Total Rewards package that includes market aligned pay and incentives as well as a diverse benefits offering to support our employees' physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing.
Univar Solutions supports sustainable solutions for the world around us so that we can do our part to keep our communities healthy, fed, clean and safe.
We are committed to a diverse workforce and a culture of inclusion. Together, we are building a culture that acknowledges the unique experiences, perspectives and expertise of individuals and provides the development and growth opportunities to empower us to redefine our industry.
Univar Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.