A Place Where People Matter.
Start your career journey with Univar Solutions! Here you can make an impact on the world around you and accelerate your career in areas that energize and excite you.
Our Operations Manager is responsible for the efficient day-to-day operations of the branch, including leading a team of Supervisors and managing the branch’s annual budget and operating plan
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Running the daily safe, efficient, legal and economical operations of assigned branch(s) including a bulk chemical site, warehouse and tank farm.
- Facilitating compliance to corporate health, safety, and environmental affairs policies.
- Leading the emergency response team in the branch.
- Implementing and managing branch health and safety programs and conducting safety audits with the Branch Operations Supervisor(s) or Regulatory Manager.
- Conducting timely and detailed incident investigations and communicates root causes to the District Operations Manager.
- Maintaining a supervisory presence throughout the branch; ensuring daily pre-shift meetings are held, and regularly communicating expectations to employees.
- Managing day-to-day work activities to ensure operational goals and objectives are met.
- Ensuring all employees have the required tools and training on matters related to safety, operation standards and department goals.
- Creating a positive work environment and fostering employee ownership of branch operations and performance.
- Leads interviewing, hiring, training and evaluating Supervisors, while ensuring the same is conduct for branch employees.
- Direct supervision for Branch Operations Supervisors and any assigned administrative personnel.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- College degree, or equivalent business experience.
- 5 or more years of validated experience leading in Operations
- Experience within the chemical industry is highly preferred. Specific experience with bulk chemicals would be ideal.
- Extensive knowledge of Hazmat, PPE, OSHA and DOT regulations
WHERE YOU'LL WORK
Our location: 12522 Los Nietos Rd., Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670-2916
The salary range for this position is $109,500.- $164,300. The specific salary offered to a candidate may be influenced by a variety of factors including the candidate’s relevant experience, education, training, certifications, qualifications, and work location. In addition, this position is eligible for incentive pay. Available employee benefits include health, vision, and dental. We also provide 401k matching for retirement and paid time off.
Univar Solutions is a leading, global distributor of chemicals and ingredients essential to the safety, health, and wellbeing of our daily lives from life-saving medicines and vitamins to hand sanitizers and industrial materials used for cleaning, construction, and more. Our global team of more than 10,000 employees support our vision to redefine distribution and be the most valued chemical and ingredient distributor on the planet!
We offer a Total Rewards package that includes market aligned pay and incentives as well as a diverse benefits offering to support our employees’ physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing.
Univar Solutions supports sustainable solutions for the world around us so that we can do our part to help keep our communities healthy, fed, clean, and safe!
We are committed to a diverse workforce and a culture of inclusion. Together, we are building a culture that acknowledges the unique experiences, perspectives and expertise of individuals and provides the development and growth opportunities to empower us to redefine our industry.
Univar Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.
Univar Solutions does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, employment agencies, or staffing firms (collectively Recruiting Firms). Recruiting Firms must enter into a Master Services Agreement (MSA) with Univar Solutions prior to submitting any information relating to a potential candidate. All searches must be initiated by Univar Solutions' Talent Acquisition team and candidates must be submitted via Applicant Tracking System (ATS) by approved vendors who have been expressly requested to make a submission for a specific job opening. No placement fees will be paid to any firm unless the aforementioned conditions have been met. Contacting our hiring managers directly is prohibited.