A Place Where People Matter.
Start your career journey with Univar Solutions! Here you can make an impact on the world around you and accelerate your career in areas that energize and excite you.
This role will be responsible for performing financial analysis and managing an efficient reporting and forecasting process for Univar’s infinite sustainable solutions (ISS) business. A successful candidate will bring financial insight and data-driven decision-making support to the organization.
What You'll Do:
Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Assist with the preparation of the monthly ISS Leadership monthly operating review templates, scorecards, and metrics.
- Work with site and district PL owners to provide finance support and reporting visibility for operational improvement.
- Translate data into timely and meaningful management insights through the right metrics and interpretation, such as:
- Sales, margin variance, and trends
- Headcount and labor hour/cost analysis
- Bonus tracking
- Working capital productivity
- Ad hoc project/investment profitability
Budgeting and Forecasting
- Work collaboratively across sites/ functions to perform analysis and forecasts monthly.
- Support the preparation of the annual operating plan (AOP) and quarterly forecasts review meetings with management.
- Prepare periodic scenario and sensitivity analyses with financial models.
- Build standard dashboards to improve transparency and accountability of site PL.
- Educate business partners/function partners to improve their financial foresight and decision-making process.
- When a process gap is identified, work with cross-functional teams to fix and improve going forward.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting from fully accredited four-year institution is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years’ work experience in Accounting/Finance with a track record of continual promotion to progressively reach more responsible positions.
- Working knowledge of source data systems (SAP, BW), excel, finance master data, and data flows across multiple systems; solid PowerPoint skills.
- Working knowledge of financial statements, budgeting, management reporting and analytics, planning and forecasting, cost flows, accounting policies and procedures.
- Financial modeling skills in Excel and reporting skills in Tableau.
- Knowledge of the distribution industry or chemical industry is preferred.
- Big four accounting/auditing experience is a plus.
- Critical thinking with problem-solving framework
- Enterprise and ownership thinking, with intellectual curiosity and a strong desire/drive to learn about all aspects of business.
- Highly motivated individual who embraces change and is a champion for continuous improvement.
- Strong communication skills. Able to get into the details to understand issues but be able to explain things in a concise manner.
- Strong financial analytics capabilities - able to interpret variances and trends in financial data and identify insights and findings.
What You Can Expect:
Univar Solutions is a leading, global distributor of chemicals and ingredients essential to the safety, health, and wellbeing of our daily lives from life-saving medicines and vitamins to hand sanitizers and industrial materials used for cleaning, construction, and more. Our global team of more than 10,000 employees support our vision to redefine distribution and be the most valued chemical and ingredient distributor on the planet!
We offer a Total Rewards package that includes market aligned pay and incentives as well as a diverse benefits offering to support our employees’ physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing.
Univar Solutions supports sustainable solutions for the world around us so that we can do our part to help keep our communities healthy, fed, clean, and safe!
We are committed to a diverse workforce and a culture of inclusion. Together, we are building a culture that acknowledges the unique experiences, perspectives and expertise of individuals and provides the development and growth opportunities to empower us to redefine our industry.
Univar Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.
Univar Solutions does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, employment agencies, or staffing firms (collectively Recruiting Firms). Recruiting Firms must enter into a Master Services Agreement (MSA) with Univar Solutions prior to submitting any information relating to a potential candidate. All searches must be initiated by Univar Solutions' Talent Acquisition team and candidates must be submitted via Applicant Tracking System (ATS) by approved vendors who have been expressly requested to make a submission for a specific job opening. No placement fees will be paid to any firm unless the aforementioned conditions have been met. Contacting our hiring managers directly is prohibited.