Risk and Compliance Paralegal
A Place Where People Matter.
Start your career journey with Univar Solutions! Here you can make an impact on the world around you and accelerate your career in areas that energize and excite you.
The Paralegal will work closely with our Legal and Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) teams, focusing on identifying, assessing and reporting key risks and working to ensure they are appropriately addressed and/or prevented. Our goal is to handle risks globally throughout our organization.
What You'll Do:
- Serve as a resource assisting legal and audit teams in identifying, evaluating, monitoring and reviewing a variety of categories of risks facing the enterprise and assisting with identifying and tracking mitigation strategies
- Manage, oversee and administer the corporate hotline, assign investigations to appropriate individuals/teams, prepare hotline reports and metrics
- Maintain the company’s Code of Conduct and help implement and administer annual training to ensure the company’s workforce understands its requirements
- Assisting with the company’s ERM processes and programs
- Review and complete customer, supplier and other business certifications and surveys supporting our commercial efforts
- Collaborate with cross functional leaders and assist with employment, labor, litigation, organization and tracking of corporate policies
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Paralegal certificate preferred or equivalent related work experience
- 2-3 years of relevant professional work experience
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong written and oral communication skills preferred
- Ability to multi-task and work efficiently to meet deadlines in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Strong work ethic and initiative
- Highly adaptable and service-oriented attitude
- Proven collaborator who can readily pivot on projects and priorities
Where You'll Work:
Hybrid work environment with three days in office. You will report out of our Downers Grove, IL location
We offer comprehensive benefits to employees including medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD and life insurance, 401k, generous flexible time off program and much more.
Univar Solutions is a leading, global distributor of chemicals and ingredients essential to the safety, health, and wellbeing of our daily lives from life-saving medicines and vitamins to hand sanitizers and industrial materials used for cleaning, construction, and more. Our global team of more than 10,000 employees support our vision to redefine distribution and be the most valued chemical and ingredient distributor on the planet!
We offer a Total Rewards package that includes market aligned pay and incentives as well as a diverse benefits offering to support our employees’ physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing.
Univar Solutions supports sustainable solutions for the world around us so that we can do our part to help keep our communities healthy, fed, clean, and safe!
We are committed to a diverse workforce and a culture of inclusion. Together, we are building a culture that acknowledges the unique experiences, perspectives and expertise of individuals and provides the development and growth opportunities to empower us to redefine our industry.
Univar Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.
Univar Solutions does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, employment agencies, or staffing firms (collectively Recruiting Firms). Recruiting Firms must enter into a Master Services Agreement (MSA) with Univar Solutions prior to submitting any information relating to a potential candidate. All searches must be initiated by Univar Solutions' Talent Acquisition team and candidates must be submitted via Applicant Tracking System (ATS) by approved vendors who have been expressly requested to make a submission for a specific job opening. No placement fees will be paid to any firm unless the aforementioned conditions have been met. Contacting our hiring managers directly is prohibited.