A Place Where People Matter
Start your career journey today with Univar Solutions! Here you can make an impact on the world around you and accelerate your career in areas that energize and excite you.
About the position:
Reporting to the General Manager, the Plant Manager is a key member of our Operations team and directs the daily supervision of the operation staff to ensure the safe, clean, and efficient operation of the facility. If you are looking for a challenging role in a team orientated environment and a fast-paced facility this is the job for you!
What we offer:
Paid training and development programs at every level
Global career advancement and mentoring opportunities
Competitive salary, benefits to inlude; employer paid medical & dental, short term and long term disability coverage, pension with employer matched contributions
Employee Resource Networks that are advocating for advancing diversity, equity and inclusion within the company
What you will do:
- Lead, coach, and mentor and operations team of 10 employees including 2 supervisor
- Oversee all operation related activities in the facility yard and warehouse
- Oversee transloading of bulk chemicals in facility yard
- Responsible for the inspection, installation, maintenance and removal of vendor owned tanks at customer sites in conjunction with the Maintenance supervisor
- Oversee production and packaging of blends
- Maintain receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and following standard operational procedures, programs, and policies
- Overseeing inventory levels by ensuring physical counts, and reconciliation with data storage system
- Achieve financial objectives by preparing an annual capital budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions
- Interact with management to set and achieve goals relative to business needs and KPI’s
- Oversee general office duties and administrative responsibilities
- Some outdoor work required in various weather conditions
- Other duties as assigned
What we’ll need from you:
- University degree in Engineering, Business Administration or Logistics with five (5) years warehouse experience, three (3) of which in a supervisory or management role.
- Experience in the chemical manufacturing or distribution industry is preferred.
- Experience with handling chemicals
- Experience with rail sidings
- Experience with production and packaging of totes, drums and pails.
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to work independently, and demonstrates initiative.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer and mathematical skills
- Must have the ability to read and understand technical materials
- Forklift operation experience an asset
- WHMIS and/or TDG training an asset
- Must be able to lift upwards of 50lbs on a regular basis #LI-VL1
Univar Solutions is a leading, global distributor of chemicals and ingredients essential to the safety, health, and wellbeing of our daily lives from life-saving medicines and vitamins to hand sanitizers and industrial materials used for cleaning, construction, and more. Our global team of more than 10,000 employees support our vision to redefine distribution and be the most valued chemical and ingredient distributor on the planet!
We offer a Total Rewards package that includes market aligned pay and incentives as well as a diverse benefits offering to support our employees' physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing.
Univar Solutions supports sustainable solutions for the world around us so that we can do our part to keep our communities healthy, fed, clean and safe.
We are committed to a diverse workforce and a culture of inclusion. Together, we are building a culture that acknowledges the unique experiences, perspectives and expertise of individuals and provides the development and growth opportunities to empower us to redefine our industry.
Univar Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.