District Commercial Manager
A Place Where People Matter
Start your career journey today with Univar Solutions! Here you can make an impact on the world around you and accelerate your career in areas that energize and excite you.
What we offer:
- Flexible work program
- Competitive salary, benefits to include; employer paid medical & dental, short term and long term disability coverage, pension with employer matched contributions
- Paid training and development programs at every level
- Global career advancement and mentoring opportunities
- Education allowance
- Employee Resource Networks that are advocating for advancing diversity, equity and inclusion within the company
What you will do:
- Determines feasibility of business potential to recommend new business opportunities.
- Supports new product sourcing and RFQ Process.
- Assists commercial leadership in the margin management review process.
- Supports product management with cost support requests with suppliers and maintains and develops supplier relationships.
- Manages cost support administration (CUPS review & management).
- Reviews cost contracts on portfolio products.
- Assesses pricing contracts with sales team on portfolio products.
- Responsible for regional forecasting (vendor and internal).
- Develops pricing for new product and service opportunities.
- Review pricing quotes for competitiveness and profitability improvement.
- Procurement interface for new product investigation.
- Responsible for price approval process on product portfolio.
- Consignment reconciliation and accrual.
- Supports supply chain team with forecasting and inventory strategies.
- Explores Supply Chain optimization and makes recommendations.
- Supports sales team on customer joint calls & market updates.
- Assists in the management of unproductive inventory (aged, damaged, expired, etc.).
- Other duties as required
What we’ll need from you:
- Minimum 3 years chemical sales experience is required.
- Chemical distribution knowledge – sales, marketing, financial, procurement.
- High level of decision-making ability and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrable customer focused attitude.
- Strong commitment to teamwork and collaboration.
- Able to work independently, manage priorities, and take on new tasks.
- Proficiency in MS office applications.
Univar Solutions is a leading, global distributor of chemicals and ingredients essential to the safety, health, and wellbeing of our daily lives from life-saving medicines and vitamins to hand sanitizers and industrial materials used for cleaning, construction, and more. Our global team of more than 10,000 employees support our vision to redefine distribution and be the most valued chemical and ingredient distributor on the planet!
We offer a Total Rewards package that includes market aligned pay and incentives as well as a diverse benefits offering to support our employees' physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing.
Univar Solutions supports sustainable solutions for the world around us so that we can do our part to keep our communities healthy, fed, clean and safe.
We are committed to a diverse workforce and a culture of inclusion. Together, we are building a culture that acknowledges the unique experiences, perspectives and expertise of individuals and provides the development and growth opportunities to empower us to redefine our industry. #LI-VL1