Sales Manager -- Local Chemical Distribution
A Place Where People Matter.
Start your career journey with Univar Solutions! Here you can make an impact on the world around you and accelerate your career in areas that energize and excite you.
We are looking for a motivated and experienced Sales Manager to join our Local Chemical Distribution team!
You will be responsible for advising the activities of a team of Sales Account Managers to achieve profitable growth for targeted products, markets, and customers along with leading and mentoring the development of their selling skills.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Builds and maintains sales territories and the assignment of accounts to improve productivity.
- Evaluates team members efficiency through the tracking of account activity and sales and margin growth. Implements improvement plans as necessary.
- Mentors Sales Account Managers in identifying and applying market-based pricing strategies. Ensures regular reviews and updates occur.
- Assists in the hiring and training of new team members.
- Coordinate and implement local sales strategy to support Univar Solutions’ product and marketing growth plans.
- Conducts joint sales calls with team to provide first-hand coaching in selling skills and make recommendations to improve techniques and increase product knowledge.
- Implements, advocates, and utilizes a CRM system. Uses the CRM system as the primary business system to maintain customer profiles, contacts, work notes, and activity management.
- Ensures accurate communication between local sales and corporate accounts, and that support actions required are implemented.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Bachelor’s degree (Business Administration, Marketing, Chemistry preferred).
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in a sales or commercial position with a broad knowledge of chemical distribution.
- Proven sales management experience leading a sales team or leadership skills in mentoring and team building.
- Ability to develop and grow positive relationships with key customer contacts and suppliers.
- High level of decision-making ability balancing customer needs and company objectives.
- Strong PC skills including Excel, Outlook, CRM (Salesforce)
Univar Solutions is a leading, global distributor of chemicals and ingredients essential to the safety, health, and wellbeing of our daily lives from life-saving medicines and vitamins to hand sanitizers and industrial materials used for cleaning, construction, and more. Our global team of more than 10,000 employees support our vision to redefine distribution and be the most valued chemical and ingredient distributor on the planet!
We offer a Total Rewards package that includes market aligned pay and incentives as well as a diverse benefits offering to support our employees’ physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing.
Univar Solutions supports sustainable solutions for the world around us so that we can do our part to help keep our communities healthy, fed, clean, and safe!
We are committed to a diverse workforce and a culture of inclusion. Together, we are building a culture that acknowledges the unique experiences, perspectives and expertise of individuals and provides the development and growth opportunities to empower us to redefine our industry.
Univar Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.
Univar Solutions does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, employment agencies, or staffing firms (collectively Recruiting Firms). Recruiting Firms must enter into a Master Services Agreement (MSA) with Univar Solutions prior to submitting any information relating to a potential candidate. All searches must be initiated by Univar Solutions' Talent Acquisition team and candidates must be submitted via Applicant Tracking System (ATS) by approved vendors who have been expressly requested to make a submission for a specific job opening. No placement fees will be paid to any firm unless the aforementioned conditions have been met. Contacting our hiring managers directly is prohibited.