Environmental Compliance Specialist
A Place Where People Matter.
Start your career journey with Univar Solutions! Here you can make an impact on the world around you and accelerate your career in areas that energize and excite you.
Provides the safety, regulatory and compliance safeguard for the management of customer waste materials for the chemical waste disposal line of business.
What you’ll do:
- Lead all aspects of end-to-end profile creation ensuring Univar Solutions can safely handle waste streams for our customers and internal branches and within the regulations of Environmental Protective Agency (EPA), State, Department of Transportation (DOT) and Univar Solutions compliance and safety policies. Responsible for entering/maintaining/updating all waste stream specific data into profiling portal
- Provides technical/regulatory/compliance expertise for external and internal customers
- Lead recertifications and 100% price evaluation of change in technology and cost
- Delivers price control through technical approval and customer price verification. Owns gross margin percentage for the business based on profile price controls
- Responsible supply plan adherence in North America chemical waste disposal program
- Performs other related duties as required or requested
What you’ll need:
- High School Diploma required
- Bachelor’s degree (Environmental Sciences, Chemistry or Biology Degree) preferred or 2 years of technical experience in hazard or waste management industry
- Experienced in regulatory elements of waste and material management Environmental Protective Agency (EPA), Resource conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), Department of Transportation (DOT) and other state and local agencies
- Training and knowledge of waste regulations (RCRA, DOT, EPA)
- Customer Service focused. Experience dealing with customers and partners at various levels of the organization
- Important decision-making ability, balancing customer needs and company objectives
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail
- Adaptable and excellent problem-solving technique
Where You'll Work:
This is a hybrid role that will report out of our Dublin, OH location
We offer comprehensive benefits to employees including medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD and life insurance, 401k, generous flexible time off program and much more.
Univar Solutions is a leading, global distributor of chemicals and ingredients essential to the safety, health, and wellbeing of our daily lives from life-saving medicines and vitamins to hand sanitizers and industrial materials used for cleaning, construction, and more. Our global team of more than 10,000 employees support our vision to redefine distribution and be the most valued chemical and ingredient distributor on the planet!
We offer a Total Rewards package that includes market aligned pay and incentives as well as a diverse benefits offering to support our employees’ physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing.
Univar Solutions supports sustainable solutions for the world around us so that we can do our part to help keep our communities healthy, fed, clean, and safe!
We are committed to a diverse workforce and a culture of inclusion. Together, we are building a culture that acknowledges the unique experiences, perspectives and expertise of individuals and provides the development and growth opportunities to empower us to redefine our industry.
Univar Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.
Univar Solutions does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, employment agencies, or staffing firms (collectively Recruiting Firms). Recruiting Firms must enter into a Master Services Agreement (MSA) with Univar Solutions prior to submitting any information relating to a potential candidate. All searches must be initiated by Univar Solutions' Talent Acquisition team and candidates must be submitted via Applicant Tracking System (ATS) by approved vendors who have been expressly requested to make a submission for a specific job opening. No placement fees will be paid to any firm unless the aforementioned conditions have been met. Contacting our hiring managers directly is prohibited.