Supervisor, New Accounts
Upgrade is a fintech company that provides affordable and responsible credit, mobile banking, and payment products to everyday consumers. We were the fastest growing company in the Americas last year according to the Financial Times and Upgrade Card was the fastest growing credit card in America two years in a row. We have delivered over $25 billion in affordable and responsible credit to our 2.7M customers. The company is backed by some of the most prominent technology investors and was recently valued at $6.3B.
We have built an energizing, collaborative and inclusive culture where team members help each other, learn and innovate to move the company and its customers in the right direction, and own the outcome of their efforts.
Upgrade has been named a “Best Place to Work in the Bay Area” three years in a row, “Top Companies to work for in Arizona” and one of the "Best Engineering Department" awarded annually by Comparably. We've also received recognition for being a best company for Diversity, Women, Culture, and Veterans.
We are looking for new team members who get excited about designing and delivering new and better products to join a team of 1600 talented and dedicated professionals. Come work with us if you like to tackle big problems and make a meaningful difference in people's lives.
About the Role:
Our New Accounts department is looking for a supervisor to join their team. This role requires someone who can manage multiple business priorities, in a fast-paced environment, while still meeting the needs of their team. A successful individual communicates effectively with their team and balances the right amount of coaching with accountability. You've got to be a team champion and have an ability to influence through effective team coaching to ensure our customers receive a best in class experience.
Available schedules: Sunday-Wednesday and Saturday-Tuesday
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and coach a group of 10-13 New Accounts Specialists
- Advocate for your team and champion their career development - inspire their greatness to help them achieve their goals
- Be a reliable resource for those who join your team by showing them compassion and providing perspective and guidance on business decisions.
- Your success is dependent on the success of your team. Be a leader that motivates them to do their best through positive reinforcement, effective coaching, meaningful feedback, and a personal vested interest in their successes.
- Ensure the department exceeds goals through effective leadership and team engagement
- Communicate any challenges or roadblocks that could impact team success with a focus on continuous improvement
- Be able to wear multiple hats and assist with other areas of the business when needed
What We Look For:
- Detail-oriented, analytical, and highly organized
- Be knowledgeable of internal policies and procedures
- Communication with the ability to cascade changes effectively
- Lifting your peers up and helping them succeed
- Building productive and positive relationships with your team
- Holding folks accountable when it’s needed, and even more importantly, celebrating wins when they improve
- Being a leader that sets a good example for others to follow
- De-escalate situations in a respectful and professional manner
- Self-starter and ability to work in fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Operations (call center, loan processing, financial, tech, etc...) Experience in a financial services setting is preferred
- Proficient with G Suite, knowledge of Genesys & Confluence a plus
- BA/BS degree strongly preferred
- Great open office space
- Paid time off (PTO)
- 401K matching
- Comprehensive benefits package: Medical, dental, vision, life insurance & disability
- Conveniently located in the heart of Downtown Phoenix close to light rail and public transportation
- Paid parking or platinum pass
- New Hire Training Program
- Wellness Incentive Program
- Kitchen fully stocked with snacks and beverages
Notice to California-based Candidates for Employment. This California Candidate Privacy Notice is intended to provide information about how Upgrade collects and uses personal information to California consumers who apply for employment with Upgrade If you are employed by Upgrade, refer to the Employee Handbook for additional information. For any questions about this notice, please contact email@example.com.
Personal Information Upgrade Collects:
Identifiers Including name, address, email, telephone number, social security number, driver license number, passport number, and other personal identifying information. Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, including demographic information and other personal information obtained during the application process, such as gender, race, national origin. Professional or employment-related information, such as salary/compensation and benefits packages, other relocation or job preferences, prior background, experience, skills, and other information in support of your application, reference information, other information obtained through background checks, including employment, credit, and criminal history. Education Information. Any other information you provide as a part of recruitment, job application, or interview process.
Purposes for Collecting Personal Information:
To consider qualifications, skills, and interest for employment. To communicate with you during the recruitment and interview process. To conduct background checks and verify your information if you are offered employment. To provide compensation, including payroll, and administer stock options and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, commuter, and retirement benefits. To provide human resources services and conduct performance evaluations. To monitor work eligibility including work-related licenses, credentials, training, and eligibility to work in the United States. To improve recruitment and interview processes and ensure a safe and efficient working environment. To comply with applicable legal or regulatory requirements including state and federal company reporting obligations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.