Kiryat Ono, Israel
Posted on Monday, February 12, 2024
Veeva Systems is a mission-driven organization and pioneer in industry cloud, helping life sciences companies bring therapies to patients faster. As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in history, we surpassed $2B in revenue in our last fiscal year with extensive growth potential ahead.
At the heart of Veeva are our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. We're not just any public company – we made history in 2021 by becoming a public benefit corporation (PBC), legally bound to balancing the interests of customers, employees, society, and investors.
As a Work Anywhere company, we support your flexibility to work from home or in the office, so you can thrive in your ideal environment.
Join us in transforming the life sciences industry, committed to making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
Veeva is seeking a talented and motivated DevOps Engineer to join our dynamic team. As a DevOps Engineer, you will play a crucial role in the team effort to build SaaS for Healthcare marketing analysis and optimization.
We aim to adopt the best solutions to fulfill our requirements. Join us in solving complex challenges. If you want to grow with us and work for a world leader company, now is the right time to join.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design, build, and maintain scalable and reliable infrastructure
- Automate development, testing, and deployment life cycle
- Implement best practices for cloud-based infrastructure, ensuring security, scalability, and cost efficiency
- Identify and troubleshoot performance bottlenecks and reliability issues across the stack
- Design and conduct regular system performance tests, analyze results, and develop strategies for improvements
- Work closely with software engineering team members to influence and improve application design for better operability, scalability, testability, and supportability
- 2+ years as a DevOps engineer
- Strong programming skills in one or more languages, such as Python, Bash, or Ruby
- Experience with at least one cloud platform (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP) and container orchestration tools (e.g., Kubernetes)
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Technology, or related field (or equivalent work experience)
- Understanding of networking, system architecture, and distributed systems
- Familiarity with infrastructure as code tools (e.g., Terraform, Ansible) and version control systems (e.g., Git)
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to troubleshoot complex issues under pressure
- Strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with diverse teams
Nice to Have
- Experience with serverless computing and serverless architectures (e.g., AWS Lambda, Azure Functions)
- AWS architecture certificate or an equivalent formal certification
- Knowledge of security best practices and experience in implementing security measures within infrastructure and applications
- Experience with disaster recovery planning and implementation
- Contributions to open-source projects or a strong presence in the developer/community space
- Knowledge of container security best practices and tools (e.g., Docker Security Bench, Clair)
- Experience with performance tuning of databases and distributed storage systems
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is committed to fostering a culture of inclusion and growing a diverse workforce. Diversity makes us stronger. It comes in many forms. Gender, race, ethnicity, religion, politics, sexual orientation, age, disability and life experience shape us all into unique individuals. We value people for the individuals they are and the contributions they can bring to our teams.