Data Migration Specialist
Company: Veruna, Inc.
Role: Data Migration Specialist
Job Type: Full-Time, Exempt
Help Us Shape the Future of the Insurance Industry
Veruna empowers insurance agencies to control the destiny of their business. We are a venture backed start-up in high growth, scale-up mode built on the Salesforce platform.
Veruna is seeking individuals who are passionate on building a business and want to overcome new challenges.
Candidates should be knowledgeable and capable, but always eager to learn more and to teach others. Overall, we strive to create a culture that is both relaxed and focused, and we stress empathy and collaboration with our customers, users, and each other.
Veruna is looking for a skilled Data Migration Specialist to evaluate the scope of client requirements for data migration projects, design and document solid migration plans, and deliver migration services. This individual will be part of the implementation team, responsible for both week-to-week data transformations for onboarding new Clients and assisting in the design of a process that can scale as Veruna grows.
- Tech savvy and eager to stay up to date on new applications and best practices in the use of Salesforce and other technologies
- A dedicated, multi-faceted problem solver and analytical thinker
- A demonstrated leader with excellent task management and interpersonal skills
- Exceptionally self-motivated with a keen attention to detail
- Able to work independently with minimal guidance in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Extract, transform and load (ETL) data from various legacy sources into Veruna, focusing on the accuracy, completeness, standardization, and de-duplication data to be migrated
- Collaborate within dynamic project teams, assist in the estimation of work effort, determination of required resources, and set a realistic schedule for implementation
- Document, review and confidently communicate project deliverables to clients, stakeholders, and internal team members
- Act as a subject matter expert (SME) for projects including analysis of legacy files, identifying risks that could impact a successful migration, and performing technical validation of extracted and uploaded data
- Self-management, working within multiple concurrent projects
- Design opportunities for automation of data transformation processes, working with product and development teams to create solutions and tools to make a constructive approach to continuous improvement
- Develop and maintain procedures, scripts, documents, and utilities for data migration processes to meet business requirements
- Create data migration training materials and conduct trainings for internal team members
- Additional duties and responsibilities to vary as needed
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 2+ years of SQL experience, proficiency of SQL language
- 1 year or more of experience in the Salesforce.com platform as an Admin or Power User preferred
- Microsoft Office proficiency with Intermediate to Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
- Detail-oriented, with the ability to prioritize and independently manage multiple tasks under short and challenging deadlines, while ensuring timely and accurate execution
- Ability to exercise discretion and judgment with the handling of highly sensitive and confidential information
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop productive working relationships with multiple stakeholders across the organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with an emphasis on the ability to present data in a clear, concise, and accessible manner
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- Salesforce certifications
- Experience with ETL products or Data Migration
- Project management experience
- Prior experience working in the Insurance industry (preferably on the agency management side)
- Understanding of AL3 and ACORD industry formats
- Willing to dive in and learn as you go!
Veruna is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Veruna is an EEO Employer who participates in E-Verify. By applying, you acknowledge that we are an E-Verify employer.