Quality Coordinator-Hybrid (MA Experience Required)
Join VillageMD as a Quality Coordinator in Bedford, NH
Join the frontlines of today's healthcare transformation
At VillageMD, we're looking for a Quality Coordinator to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
Could this be you?
Integral to our Value Based Care Operations team, the Quality Coordinator will be accountable for identifying patients that are overdue for certain quality measures to help close quality gaps, collaborating with the Value Based Care team and our partners to accurately report value-based performance, provide the right care at the right time, improve accuracy in chronic condition capture, conduct patient outreach, and support performance improvement initiatives. You will identify trends and improvement opportunities in provider and clinical staff documentation as well as coordinate and outreach to schedule patient appointments to ensure all patients are seen while closing quality gaps and ensuring accuracy in reporting of their current health status.
How you can make a difference
- Train and become a superuser in the practice EMR
- Gain subject expert command of relevant HEDIS & CMS (quality) measures
- Gain a broad understanding of the care model at VillageMD to facilitate a positive experience for patients, families, and caregivers
What are some unique responsibilities that you’ll have at VillageMD?
- Engage with patients to help coordinate quality health maintenance screenings through a pre-visit planning process for primary care visits
- Connect with patients after their primary care visit in a post-visit process to help coordinate the completion of their quality health maintenance
- Coordinate with primary care office staff and/or providers to ensure appropriate referrals, orders, and tests are in place for the patient
- Schedule appointments and testing and/or order screenings per standardized protocols
- Work collaboratively with other departments on quality specific projects to help close data discrepancies on a quarterly basis and/or at year end
- Review Electronic Medical Record and pull medical record documentation, labs, screenings, results, etc. to identify compliant screenings for submission to health insurers (payers) and identify needed improvements/deficiencies in data capture that impact CMS Star measures
- Actively participate as a member of the health care team to promote positive health outcomes for our patients
Skills for success
- The ability to be flexible in an ambiguous and dynamic environment
- A service orientation and a “can do” attitude
- A willingness to learn on your own and take initiative
- A low ego and humility; an ability to gain trust through good communication and doing what you say you will do
Experience to drive change
- 2+ years of experience in a medical office or health care setting (primary care preferred)
- Medical Assistant Certification preferred
- 2 years of previous HEDIS or healthcare quality experience preferred
- Experience working in Electronic Medical Records and Practice Management Systems
- Comfort utilizing a variety of electronic health records including data capture, data mining and reporting
- Familiarity with value-based care and quality programs
- Telephonic communication with patients regarding care and future needs
- Comfort with technology including Microsoft suite of products
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1. Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Those seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Explore your future with VillageMD today.